Freebies?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Nov 11, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been receiving a number of e-mails for about a week urging me to register at some website so I can gain access to information about where to get freebies. According to the sender of the email, I could get: free silver jewelry, a free cruise vacation, free greeting cards and so on.

This sounds great but maybe there's a catch in there somewhere. Are these freebies really free, as in, totally free? Or is this some sort of scam?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If the emails are unsolicited, I'd ignore them completely. I'd say the chances are slim that it would turn out to be legitimate, as official sites would never spam emails because they wouldn't need to. That's just my take on it, at least.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was quite forgetting the DrRipley. A spammer is most likely a scammer who's just waiting for the right moment to pounce on you. I'll ignore the emails. But the mention of freebies arouses my curiosity: are there any legit freebie sites out there?

4. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    I have two favorite freebie sites: I love FreebieShark.com. They seem to know about every freebie on Facebook. They even offer to send out text alerts to your phone when they have a "hot" freebie. They also have a weekly post that shows all the freebies they got in the mail that week. Here's the latest:

My other favorite site is FreeStuffTimes.com . They post Facebook freebies too, and they also post a daily list of free Amazon books. They don't send out text alerts, but you can subscribe via email and get instant notification of the good freebies they find.