Frontline Plus for Dogs Review

Discussion in Pets started by satsumaac • Apr 18, 2012.

1. satsumaac

satsumaacNew Member

Threads:
    I stand firmly behind Frontline as being one of the best flea killers and flea prevention products on the market. It is nice because you don't need a veterinarian appointment to get it. If you have a significant flea problem, using Frontline for two or more consecutive months will help eradicate your flea problem. Just be sure to treat all animals as well as your floors and furniture if needed. A little pricier than its competitors but definitely worth it if you want a flea-free Home and Living area. :rolleyes:

2. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    Frontline is a great way to protect your pet from fleas and ticks. My veterinarian mailed me two different coupons that offers me a great deal. The coupon is for an offer to buy 6 doses and get 2 doses free or you can buy 3 doses and get one dose free. Did anyone else receive this coupon from their veterinarian? This coupon has an expiration of 12/31/2012. I have two dogs so these two coupons will come in handy.

3. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I have had zero luck with Frontline protecting my animals from fleas. I used it all season last year and it made no difference in the amount of fleas we saw around our house. This year I am trying a cheaper product by Sentry, and it seems to work better. It also protects against mosquitoes, fleas, eggs, larvae and everything Frontline claims. I am hoping it will continue through out the season and I do not plan to buy Frontline again.

4. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Luckily I haven't had a flea or tick problem with my dogs since I've had them, but this product sounds great if I ever do. When I was a kid, our dogs and cats had terrible flea problems, and the strongest thing they had back then to treat it was prescription flea-dip, which smelled completely toxic. I always said it would be great to come up with a product that prevented rather than treated, and now they have. Damn, they stole my idea.

5. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I don't have this problem with my dog ​​because he is a pitbull with short hair and I wash him about one time every ten days. However, I read in a magazine that all Frontline products are recognized by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and is well known that Frontline Flea Control is the most effective approach for flea control while maintaining your dog's good health.

6. Benny

BennyNew Member

Threads:
    Ok, the topic was really interesting. Actually, I'm not going to continue with my vet( I mean, for my Chew),
    he is quite a lazy man not providing me such assistance. As far as the coupons are concerned, can I get
    them by my own. Vet is not accommodating me!

7. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    OK I think I should give Frontline a try right now because I have a one month old Labrador and I have tick problems on her. I have never tried Frontline before but since it has good reviews from other Labrador owners so I think I should give it a try.

8. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I have always used frontline for my cat and dog but this summer it didn't seem to be very effective. I complained to the vet who then told me that our area was experiencing a huge flea infestation due to the heat which meant that the eggs hatched quicker therefore more fleas. Normally when there are so many fleas the frontline doesn't work so effectively. To help with that problem she gave me a pill called Cap Star which was to be taken along with the frontline. The Cap Star would kill all the fleas on the animals within 24 hours. I am not sure if one can get Cap Star in other countries but I am sure there would be something similar sold at the vets if you ever had the same problem we experienced.

9. jacklinmor

jacklinmorNew Member

Threads:
    Everywhere in new real estate, there is need some furniture, so it is one kind of attraction for real estate, its attraction is depends on furniture design, so now all furniture companies are being its design marketing and making its extra ordinary furniture.

10. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    Frontline is a great product and is highly effective against killing fleas and preventing tick infestations. The main problem with Frontline is its cost. Another drawback is its time in the marketplace. Frontline has been on the market for 20 years now and parasites are starting to become immune to its effects...just like with antibiotic resistance. So in another few years, Frontline will most likely go the way of traditional pyrethrin based insecticides...it will still work but not be nearly as effective. I am hearing good things about Vectra and plan to try it this summer

11. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Frontline wasn't working so well with just one application. The fleas and ticks were becoming immune to it. It shows though, that a double dose seems to work okay.

There is another injection which my dogs had in Africa, and that was something the vets use to treat mange in sheep. It has been found to eradicate fleas and ticks without any side effects. My Loopyloo had the jab about three years ago and has not had a single flea or tick ever since.

12. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    One of my dogs bit himself raw with Frontline. I had no idea what was causing it but when I took him to the vet they thought he might have had an allergy to it. I now use Advocate for the dogs I have now as it also protects against lungworm which is something I have always been worried about.