Funeral Insurance?

Discussion in Other Insurance Type started by lindbergh • Aug 19, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you ever heard of a funeral Insurance? I was offered such an insurance last week. In the package that the agent presented, there were different coffins available. The more extravagant the coffin, the higher the premiums.

Did I avail of such insurance? Nope. I don't want to trouble myself by shopping for my own coffin!

2. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe not in the exact words that you have said it, but I have heard of an insurance policy that covers funeral expenses, I think it is a really good things to start, and I make that claim with two assertions in mind, 1)Death is certain and 2) you never know when you might died, with that being said, I think having an insurance policy that covers your death expenses is a good think, firstly, it reliefs your family members who are planning the funeral from a whole lot of stress in having to find the money up front of this already "hard" period. It's something similar to life insurance, which I think makes sense too.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Final Expense insurance helps to cover the expenses of burying a person so that the hat does not need to be passed around the family to collect money for the burial. Having this expense coved or some of it covered shows that you care about the people you are leaving behind and that you do not want to be a borden to those people. The money can also be used as a gift to the loved ones for a trip or what ever they would like to use it for or a gift to a charity. The insurance does not need to be used only for a funeral.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Funeral insurance is now becoming more and more acceptable in our place. I think it's a good plan because the family of the person won't have to worry about expenses and things involved in funeral services. At least even if they lose a loved one and are emotionally burdened when they do lose a family member, somebody would be able to take care and make sure that their loved one will have a good funeral service.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It used to freak me out but as you see relatives, neighbors and acquaintances die year after year, reality starts to sink in and you start warming up to the idea of getting a memorial plan not just for yourself but for the whole family as well. No one wants to deal with death because it leaves a bitter after taste in people's mouths but the sooner you come to terms and prepare, the lesser your financial burden will be in the future. Truth be told, funeral and burial expenses are crippling.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Funeral or Final Expense Insurance is very important. Funeral expenses can be very expensive. It came be hard for your grieving family and friends to deal with planning your funeral yet along trying to come up with money to pay for it all.

In Southern California, lots of bodies go unclaimed because the families can't afford to pay to have their family members buried. At the end of the year, the Coroner's office has a mass cremation. It's all very sad. Funeral / Final Expense Insurance can avoid that.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a funeral insurance for me and my husband which I bought a long time ago on installment. Now it is fully paid. It will cover the use of the funeral parlor for 3 nights and the coffin as well. I don't remember how much I paid for it but surely, since it is a pre-need insurance, I have saved a lot since funeral expenses are now very high. The agent who sold us that package was my husband's aunt.

8. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    If meaning Funeral Plans then yes I have heard of them - in fact so much so - that as where I live - these financial products are generally targeted at the over fifties age group and because of that most people heading towards fifty - generally either get swamped by flyers arriving in the mail or numerous phone calls - we now have a saying that goes " you always know that you've reached middle age when you start being bombarded with information on funeral plans ".

However - although this may be different elsewhere - but much as I agree with the concept - I have to say that - even though there is no assistance here for death expenses and all decisions and arrangements have to be made within 48 hours - due to the hot climate - I'm not so sure that I would be willing to take on one of these policies - the reason being - apart from the fact that many of them are scams here - but quite a number of people I know who did take out one of these plans - found that when the time arrived to use them - not only did they not get what they had paid for - but that they had paid way, way more than they actually needed to.

Which is why I would say to anyone thinking of taking out a Funeral Plan - to thoroughly investigate the company - as well as read the tiniest of small print before even agreeing to part with any money.

That said - I do think that even if someone can't afford to put anything in place beforehand to cover their final expenses - one the kindest things that anyone can do for their loved ones is to make sure - that they leave very clear instructions as to what is needed to be done together with their wishes - as just doing that - really can help to alleviate the stress by a huge amount - especially as it means that family members don't have to deal with the extra burden of trying to make decisions at a time when they are in no condition to be thinking clearly enough to make them.

9. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone should check their life insurance policy right now.
    Mine will pay for my funeral up to I think $5K in the event of accidental death.
    There is a good chance you already have funeral or end of life coverage that you don't know about.