Generic Brands vs Name Brand items

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Terri • Aug 11, 2012.

1. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    On some foods, like candy, I only buy brand names. Generic brands just aren't the same. For example, rite aid's version of Reeces cups just don't taste the same. But for most brands of food, they are virtually the same. Most kirkland products taste exactly like a name brand. Also, some furniture like mattresses (tempurpedic) they have pretty much the same thing for thousands of dollars less.

2. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    When it comes to food I can definitely tell the difference between generic and brand names. I think having my Green Giant peas having every pea the same size is important. The off-brand peas sometimes taste and look the same, other times they vary. I don't like hit or miss when it comes to my stomach. Even Whole Foods brands are usually passed over by me. Their brands are usually more expensive, but I have not been able to find better quality in most of their store brands except for maple syrup.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I choose branded items rather than generics. Its rather buy a product with a slightly higher price but is of good quality rather than a low-priced, no-name product that is of poor quality. Would you buy a cellphone or a laptop that does not have an established brand name? Well, I won't.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't care which brand it is as long as I get quality products. I don't really stick to brands when it comes to food. When I am buy durables like electronic goods, cookware or furnishing I would be only looking at certain brands. I want to ensure that I get value for money. These are bigger investments and I wouldn't mind paying more if I have to, to get a product which is reliable.