Genie Bra or AHH bra?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by ronnie41647 • Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronnie41647

ronnie41647New Member

Threads:
    I have seen infomercials for both of these and was wandering if anyone has tried either? They look so comfy and as someone with an odd bra size I get so frustrated shopping for bras. I would love very much for these to work. Anyone tried them or have any other suggestions?

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I personally do not own either, but here are a bunch of customer reviews comparing the 2:

3. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    My girls need a little oomph so I dont think these are for me. They are right in line with pajama jeans and snuggies! Good ideas in theory but not recommended unless you have 30 cats.

4. melbel

melbelNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen the Ahh Bra, but I've seen the Genie bra. The grocery store where I shop has a shelf of "as seen on tv" stuff and I saw this one there. On TV, it looks so comfortable, but when you take it out of the box (half the products on that shelf are already opened), it's not really that impressive. I was actually really disappointed in the quality.

5. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with the poster above. I've seen the Genie bra on the shelves in discount stores and it doesn't look like it's of good quality. I need actual support to hold the girls up and that bra doesn't look like it would do the job at all.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw these in Target and tried one on. It was horrible. It had absolutely no support. They might work for someone who's not as top heavy as me. I haven't seen the infomercial, but I can't image what they did to make provide support.

7. ronnie41647

ronnie41647New Member

Threads:
    Yea that is what I was afraid of. Thanks girls for the input. I am always busty but have a small band size, but now I am nursing, so bra shopping is a nightmare. The idea of shopping for a bra in a shirt size was very appealing, and one of the two even shows women in DD cups in the infomercial. I hadn't bought either because I was afraid it was to good to be true :(.

8. Susan56

Susan56New Member

Threads:
    I bought the Genie Bra. I found it to be really comfortable. The extra removable padding doesn't seem to fit as well after the bra has been washed a couple of times, but the fabric of the bra is thick enough that you can't see through it if you don't use the pads. It reminds me of a soft sports bra.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have heard nothing but bad reviews about both of them. They're just a loose sports bra with even less support than a sports bra, from the sounds of it. They might be fine to wear under a t-shirt around the house, but don't expect them to hold you very well.

10. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    They make for a very sloppy, way too bouncy look for us big-busted ladies. It's not cute. And another thing that is not cute is the awful appearance of this bra! This may be a good item for those days where you really just don't care what you look like, and you don't care what your partner thinks about what you look like. They're just not as magical as they are made out to be on T.V. Big surprise there, huh?

11. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy either one, personally! Up until recently I worked Customer Service at Walmart and they get returned more than almost any other item. I've never tried one on, but customers have told me time and time again that they don't work. That's if they can even get them on! The most common problem I hear is that they don't fit correctly. There isn't a very big size selection and most people can't comfortably get into them.

I've had one woman talk about how she fell in love with a genie bra and I witnessed her buy about 10 of them on Black Friday. I guess they fit her well and she liked the feeling, even if no one else does!

12. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I guess it would work for smaller women, but if you have a large load to cary then it might just feel like you're wearing a sports bra. Thanks for the insider's info blurinoctober. I have wanted to get one for my mom for Christmas (she wants to try it out, but doesn't want to waste her money), but now I think I'll just stick to getting her some slippers.

13. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad I decided to read this. I have actually looked at these online and in the stores. I actually considered buying them because I need a bra that can give me good support up there. But if what these reviews are telling me is true, that they aren't worth the investment. Thank you for giving me your feedback, I really appreciate it.

14. Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I have bought both and I love the Genie Bra. It has the inserts that will give you more lift and shape. The Ahh Bra doesn't even come close to the Genie Bra. It is somewhere in the bottom of my drawer but I wear my Genie Bras about every day. You get two of them for the price of one Ahh Bra. I had a biopsy in which I had to sleep in a bra for a week or so and I could even sleep in it with comfort. I would recommend this bra for day to day wear, but not for dress-up. I wear my horrible, uncomfortable bra for those occasions.

*Edited to add: Do not wash the inserts. They will lose their shape if they are washed. They go inside a pocket in the bra so there should really be no need for washing. If you do need to wash them, wash them by hand.

#14Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  15. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Thank you guys for all your reviews on these two bras. I have seen both of these in Walmart and on infomercials. When I first seen the Ahhhh bra, I was sold! I am a size 50G(maybe to much information for you guys), but the thought of not wearing bras with underwire was wonderful. Then I started looking at the sizes and I was thinking, these really are not going to support me, because with my Lane Bryant Expensive bras, start to wear down especially the straps after so long. So I called and they told me what sizes they had based on T-Shirt size, so I just asked, "do you think these would support and last for my 50G's," and the guy said, "No." So if a person that works for the Company does not believe in it, I have to say don't waste your time. Then my sisters mother purchased the Genie Bra and she is a D, and she said it is the worst bra ever. I still would like to try them personally, but the thought of spending money for something I know I am not going to be worth it! I guess it never hurts to try it, if you can take it back, but glad that it works for some.

16. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Not a complete problem solver

The Ahh bra is great for using around the house but does not give as much support as an underwire bra can. It also mushes your breasts together creating a uniboob look. So use it at home but leave it at home.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's good for small breasted women who are going to be doing any physical activity. It's not made for those who are heavy on top. I was shocked by the quality of this bra. The company who made it probably made millions of dollars though.

18. LayneJackson

LayneJacksonNew Member

Threads:
    lolll i can gift it hotties anyone willing to obtain it then just contact me right now

19. Qponolic

QponolicNew Member

Threads:
    Wow this is is surprising... I'm glad I didn't order one. I'm kind of a junky when it comes to informercials and buy anything, lol. Thanks!

Susie Q

20. johan121

johan121Banned

Threads:
    I haven't seen the Ahh Bra, but I've seen the Genie bra. The grocery store where I shop has a shelf of "as seen on tv" stuff and I saw this one there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.