Get Paid To Be A Mystery Shopper

Discussion in Misc & Others started by S.O. Price • Apr 6, 2015.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Update on FieldAgent. So I was very excited about this app initially. I mentioned in my original comments that I went into a 7-Eleven and even though I couldn't find the products, they paid me for this shop and they did. So a couple of days later, I went on more scavenger hunts; this time at CVS and the Kroger grocery store. I gave it my best effort but did not find the products they wanted me to look for. I filled out the information the same way as I did with 7-Eleven only this time they did not pay me and they took my rating down a few points! Needless to say, I contacted their support to find out what was going on.

I don't know why they paid me for 7-Eleven because I did not find the products, but they did. The support said that basically don't accept a scavenger hunt until you actually find the product and are able to take photos of the info. they want. They did adjust my rating back up because I am new.

So anybody else who wants to try this, I would say just do your regular shopping as usual and if you want to run over to a different dept. to see if they have the products that Field Agent is looking for and you find them, THEN accept the job. The scavenger jobs come and go REALLY quickly so don't expect them to still be there even 20 minutes later. For the scavenger hunts, they do list certain stores they want you to try, but they also say if you can find these products at home or even a friend's house, you can upload the info. I would say that if you find the products in any store, that would be good enough. How would that be different than finding it in your own home?

2. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    I have looked into mystery shopping and there are lots of legitimate companies so it can be worth it. For me it will be fun to get paid just to go out to eat at a restaurant. I work from home right now anyway so doing this job will get me out of the house for a while. I usually go out to eat so I might as well make some extra money while I'm there.

3. BigBigFan

BigBigFanMember

Threads:
    I didn't realize that price scouting was so cutthroat still since prices are often posted to websites and such. Wow, I'll have to look into these apps for the next time I go shopping. Why not get paid while shopping, right?

I suppose this is another reason big brand stores are worried about the impact of Amazon's online food shopping service, they won't be able to spend money to gain an advantage, they'll need to keep the prices rock bottom like Amazon does.