Getting A Mortgage Is Stressful

Discussion in Mortgage & House Payments started by Rosyrain • Oct 4, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have been whining on other threads about trying to get a home loan and I think I am almost there. I have been working with a great mortgage lady who is helping get my ducks in a row. The crazy part is how much paperwork they need. I have been in constant back and forth with the company via phone calls and email for 3 weeks going strong now. I swear they are going to ask me what brand of toilet paper I use next!

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, you know I think it is due to the former housing crisis when they extended mortgage eligibility to people who really shouldn't have qualified for them. I think most lending companies now have certain documentation they are requiring for those getting a mortgage in this day and time. So, don';t feel bad. I think it happens to everyone!

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When we applied for a house mortgage, it's a good thing that it was by my husband's privilege as an employee of the bank. At least he got the full support of the loan department there because filling out the application form is like taking a board exam. The form came back to us twice for some additional information. And after a waiting time of more than 1 month, the approval came and another set of stressful activity started. We got the check but we had to submit the required documents like the taxes and other government documents. Yes, it was very stressful.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I know that we will eventually get the loan because the mortgage lender is helping us out to get what we need to done, but it is a constant document digging process and being on the phone with everyone all the time. It is starting to drive me crazy.