Give Directly To The Needy

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by iamawriter • Jul 3, 2017.

1. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to the idea of giving to the needy,. I like giving to charity institutions. This is because, they create a pool of collections, and they can be able to do much more with the money they have collected, than I can do with my own. For instance, the money I would give to a needy person directly, can only buy them food for a night and maybe clothes. However, when we donate to a charity institution, they can be able to pay school fees for a child or two, a hospital bill and much more. All I need is to prove the authenticity of the institution before giving, because some of them have turned into a den of thieves.

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I donate to the local Air Ambulance because I think they do an amazing job and I can see when they rescue people in my area what an amazing job they do. I also buy from charity shops and even though I'm not 100% sure that the money goes where it should at least I am benefiting from what I buy there.

I don't normally give to beggars because I have known some that say they are homeless when they aren't; the money will probably go on drink or drugs. I will give coins to buskers because at least they are doing something to earn the money.

3. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I can't believe that some people will go this far just to make some pocket money, because I doubt she could sum up some good amount, or maybe I am wrong.
    Some people have no shame at all and your example is far worse than mine.

4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Nothing like giving to those who you are sure will spend it for the cause it is meant to be spent. But sadly even those most recognised charities are seen to misuse funds as reported recently. I have attached a link here about those charities.

5. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    Once we came into the shopping mall and there was this huge bucket with the list shared to the shoppers for the ones in the need.
    There were those basic groceries and washing things, like the soap, but nothing in specific.
    I was thinking what would it be like for a person with children, as there was nothing for them so instead I bought all the other things that are for the children.
    Seriously, I don't think there is enough soap in the world for some people, but the children need so much more.

6. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    This indeed is a unique way of showing your kindness. There are so many ways really. Hope with your kind act those in need did have access to those utilities without which it is difficult to survive. Hope there were many more like you.

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    These kind of tricks are employed even by politicians but in a way that do not look as bad as this. We just had a so called spiritual leader convicted of crimes such as rape and murder but politicians were responsible for this guy to get that status The vote bank of his followers was what the politicians were after and doled out lakhs of rupees to this man to appease him. .

8. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to donate directly to the needy because a lot of times, institutions especially in my country siphon such contributions and head to the bank. That is very unfortunate so I make sure I always make my donations directly. It doesn't matter how little as long as someone is smiling.

9. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I don't donate much but when I am going to do so. I make sure that the institution that I am sending my to is legitimate. I want to make sure that the people need the money is the one who is going to get them. I don't want to be one of the victims of those people who are taking advantage of other peoples kind heart. I am not kind but I want to be sure the people that I am helping is really in need of my help.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    You have the point but this is not to argue with you. The needy usually comes to Church, to government agency. They have been given attention and give them the appropriate assistance.

In giving them personally the money that you're giving would go to unnecessary buyings. The point of directing people's donation to charitable institutions, churches that what the needy needs are properly administered. Hope you get my point of you.

11. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    If you give the needy directly there could be a big frauds in the whole story. You can end up giving to somebody who is essentially just a great actor, but not a needy person in reality.
    We had a few beggars, who were just fine in reality but they were manipulating people into believing that they have been extremely poor.
    That is why we shoudl avoid this practice.

12. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We come to know more and more cases where NGOs misuse the funds. As much as possible I alert all those who come in contact with me and who want to donate they should give it directly to those in need and not through any agencies.

13. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:

Yes, but those in need may fabricate if they are in need indeed, because how would you check their income, you don't have any data.
    I know cases where people were living just fine but present themselves as the beggars, and there was no way to expose them until it was very, very late.
    I don't say that some charities don't lead the parasitic lifestyle, I am sure they are.

14. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I am not against those institutions and organization that ask people to donate to them and then they'll be the one to relay it to the needy or they will search for poor and needy people to help. For one, they have a family and volunteers to feed to. It's just that I'd rather be the one to personally offer my help to someone if ever need be.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have much money, but I found ways to be charitable...hungersite.com, freerice.com and share about RedCross.org so people can find help and donate. I also tweet and follow Shriners, St. Jude hospitals and Veterans sites to help get knowledge out and help them get donations. I also, follow

guide dogs for the blind. My Uncle had a friend whose daughter was blind, so I got to see first hand what's it is like being blind. They need these guide dogs to help them and protect them. So though if I had money I'd donate to these places too. I'd also have a scholarship for helping students, when I get rich I'll want to do this too. The world is a nice place with we who are kindly charitable and blessed when you are kindly charitable, I believe. I'd want to donate to some kind of science too, haven't decided which one yet. This is a site that explains about charity and how you'll be blessed or helped.

The hungersite.com, has other clicks to help in different ways with the different tabs at the top too. If you have the time, I'd like to invite you to the site to help many in need. Thank you.

16. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Your contribution to help those NGOs get charity is a good effort provided all those NGOs truly spend money on causes they claim to the world, that they do.