Going To France

Discussion in Travel started by debtfreegoal • Mar 19, 2016.

1. debtfreegoal

debtfreegoalNew Member

Threads:
    Me and hubby need to destress and we're thinking of taking a trip to France this year. Besides the usual attractions, like the Eiffel Tower, does anyone have any other suggestions? National parks, good restaurants, bus tours, etc?

We also heard it's easy to get scammed there, if you look like a foreigner. We're working on our conversational French, but is there anything obvious we should be looking out for?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think anywhere that you go, especially a city and pull out a map you are going to look like a tourist. Scams happen everywhere and Paris is not different. Many places do fixed price menus to avoid this, so in that area you can usually have a good idea of whether a place is over charging. In France you don't tip, so the price you see is what you pay. I would say use common sense, and if you buy tickets make sure you aren't paying a fee for them.

3. debtfreegoal

debtfreegoalNew Member

Threads:
    Definitely, we won't be pulling out any maps and we'll rent a car, so no walking around asking for directions. I don't want to be pickpocketed! But maybe it's best if we stick to a tour group: safety in numbers and all that.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of safety in numbers when visiting different place. I hope to be visiting Paris soon myself., I will be working on my french also, I took 8 years in school but it has been a very long time. The museums are on my list for sure.

5. debtfreegoal

debtfreegoalNew Member

Threads:
    I'm especially excited about the Louvre and the old chateaus. Touring castles has always been an interest of mine. I'm hoping this trip will be a great way for me and my husband to destress and forget about our troubles for a while. June can't come soon enough.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well since the name of this forum is don't pay full, I would suggest you shop around for airfare. Also, make sure you know which museums are going to be open on which days. We went to Paris once, which was neat, but we spent like 3 hours in line at the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre which I really wanted to see was closed! Mostly we went to the Eiffel Tower, went to a French cafe and wandered around the markets, since we were only there one day.

7. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah thats a fact before making a tour to any region we need t collect this kind of necessary information. Well France is also one of my favourite ones destination. I had good time there and would love to go there with my boyfriend, he is just crazy about it.

8. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    That's cool if you are going to have fun in France and looking for its unique places then I think you should go for Chaos de Montpellier-le-Vieux to see something new there. I must say all over it is great place to see and have fun with beloved once.

9. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    France is such a good and most appealing and great way of fun for sure ahead.