Google Local

Discussion in Local Deals (Daily Deal Sites) started by Parker • Apr 14, 2012.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's a new local coupon player in town. I received an invitation to join Google Local. I only signed up because they were offering a Starbucks $10 ecard for a $5.00 purchase. I thought it was worth it. Has anyone received an invitation to join?

2. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I got invited even though I'm in the UK and it's not out in the Uk (strange...). I signed up to have a look at what it was about and it looked like it had some pretty deals.

3. kjscrafts

kjscraftsMember

Threads:
    I learned about Google Offers a few months ago, but it is not in my city. There are some online or nationwide offers, but other than that Starbucks offer there has not been anything worthwhile in my opinion.

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have recieved no such invitation, I would've jumped on the opportunity for free starbucks :) I have a Google account so it would make sense that I get an invitation but maybe they aren't sending out invitations to only Google members. Did you have to try anything for this special?

5. Zacko

ZackoExpert

Threads:
    I got a few tickets for Buy-One-Get-One at the local theatre, the $5.00 for $10.00 Starbucks coupon, and a 50% off a single Boston Market meal, thought I haven't been invited to any "Google Local," just the normal "Google Offers."

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure. I think it was tied to my Starbucks account. I have a gold Starbucks card and I use the Starbucks app on Facebook. Otherwise, I'm not sure why I received the invitation. I thought I was getting something from Starbucks. I'm missed out on the Starbucks deal, but the other deals look great. I haven't purchased anything though.

7. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    Good info, I'll have to check this site out! I'm already signed up with Groupon. I love these sites, even though most of the deals I won't use, there are some sprinkled in there that are super helpful.

8. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I did not get an invite to this and am curious why I did not. I use Google for quite a bit during my day, but at the same time if it cost money maybe they know how broke I am!

9. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Did they mail it to you or what? Since I live in a small city right beside the LAX airport, it doesn't really matter because everything here is good quality and kind of cheap. :p

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My title says Google Local, but it should be Google Offers. It came to me via Starbucks.

I received the invite via email. I live not far from LAX too, but there are some amazing deals being offer through Google Offers. It does get to a bit much though. I get daily emails from Amazon, Groupon and Google.