Greyhound

Discussion in Travel started by DancingLady • Jun 8, 2015.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Anybody take greyhound buses? When I am forced to travel, it's the only thing I can afford. It's no fun and costs a lot considering what kinda me of service they have. I hate traveling anywhere, but sometimes I have no choice.

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I've traveled on the Greyhound bus a few times, fortunately on my trips I had no one sitting beside me. I didn't have a vehicle at the time and it was my only affordable option. Once I did get a vehicle and took my first road trip just to another city I knew that I'm not one for driving long distances unless it's absolutely necessary.

All I can say is wear or bring along something that will keep you warm and busy.

3. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Eh, never had to take it -- my friends did, and they had bad experiences with it. When I had to travel cross-country, I chose to hitchhike instead. Much cheaper and friendlier, though of course not for everybody!

They lost luggage, stop in the worst places for eating, make you go on a break with no chance to get back in the bus to get a jacket if it's cold outside, etc, etc. Bad company.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always had an okay experience with them, but I have only traveled a few times from New York to Boston which is busy route. The only thing I don't like compared to other bus companies is their system of boarding, it's when you buy your ticket and not how early you show up.

My bus was on time and arrived on time. I had a newer one so it had wi-fi. I have read tales where you have to change and the layover is hours though, so I haven't had to do that yet, but that would make the journey tougher.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to America yet but my husband was there a few decades back. He was able to take the greyhound for a state to state travel. Like any train, the greyhound was unsteady in movement so he did not have a good sleep. But he marveled at the food in the train's restaurant. Well, I'm still dreaming that someday I can take that train ride.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I used to take it from Boston to New York all of the time. It was totally fine. I now use Bolt Bus because they have more leg room and free Wi-Fi. I also like how you can book online and get preferred boarding. They also give you a free trip after 8 rides.

7. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    Well, This sounds a very nice source for travel locally. I have never experienced these buses but these looks really comfortable and appropriate. So because i used to travel so much around United States. I think that will be a manageable way to travel city to city.

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Greyhound must be really attractive for having such a good and most appealing time as it. I would be really glad for it. I am stunning and that would be really having such a good way of fun.

would be attractive.

9. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    This is something really impressive for having such a good and most appealing time period for us all ahead.