Gyro Bowl

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by allison • May 3, 2012.

1. allison

allisonNew Member

Threads:
    Do the Gyro Bowls for toddlers really work? I have been trying to talk my husband into purchasing one but at $12 he says the chance of them not working is too high. $12 for a bowl is pretty steep, I guess. I have 2 toddlers so if these really worked it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for your advice. :)

2. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I saw those and they do look pretty nifty! My kids are bigger now or I may have given it a try for on the go snacks. For the most part, however, I have taught my children that food is eaten at the table, I healthy (and clean) habit to get into!

3. dsmom

dsmomNew Member

Threads:
    I have seen the Gyro Bowl at Target. Unless your child is purposely trying so spill the bowl (which could happen!) there should be no spills. I think it's worth the money. Maybe you can wait a month or two and the price might go down some.

4. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    With two small children, I, too, have wondered about this product. I think it would be great for church or in the stores! I will have to stalk this post because I am hoping that somebody has some input on it! Thanks for asking the question!

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have a child on the way and I think this bowl would be great for when she starts to eat on her own. I have messed around with these at Wal-Mart and honestly I couldn't get it to spill. It may be a $12 bowl but I think it is absolutely worth it if it will save money on the extra detergent you use to clean the messes, the extra sheets you'll have to buy if by any chance its a juice that stains or the extra car washes for those accidents in the back seat. I would say go for it!

6. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I think I might have to! Thanks for the info. I'm glad you have tried and tested it! (Got a mental image of an adult at Walmart trying to get it to spill, too! LOL)

7. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think the Gyro Bowl's worth it because food is meant to be eaten at the table or sitting on a bench instead of a moving vehicle. What my family used to do was have an adult sit next to the small child and help them eat and such when they get hungry.

8. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I like the Gyro Bowl too. I've never used it but I don't think it is completely fool proof. I watched a couple Youtube videos on the product and if you do shake it forcefully it will spill. But that is if you are intentionally trying to spill it. For the most part, I think it is a good idea for a toddler. If done and held properly, it should work.

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Funny to picture but yes I was that adult at the store trying to make something fall out of this thing. I agree that food should be eaten at the table but this is something that is perfect for long travels or when they are staying over with a relative.

10. christina_5179

christina_5179New Member

Threads:
    I was ecstatic to see the infomercial for this product! I really thought it would be a Godsent! I purchased a Gyro Bowl and within five minutes, my toddler spilt the bowl's contents. I returned it the next day with dissapointment. Sadly it was too good to be true for my son's messes. Hopefully others have a better experience than I did.