Hair extensions

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by maddie • Nov 29, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Do you use hair extension? Do you wear them as normal day wear or for special occasions? I have always like hair extensions but have never worn one.

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I've worn them both as everyday wear and on special occasions. I've worn the ones that you sew onto braids. It looked really good but it was really uncomfortable the first few weeks. I've also had the extensions with combs sewed on top. That worked great until I started dancing. One side started to fall off. And so I had to finish the dance holding one extension-side up. ;)

Anyway, they really make your hair look nice but they're just not as comfortable and fail-proof as natural hair. You should definitely give it a try at least once. Just be careful of hair breakage and follicle damage.

3. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it but it looks good. :) It's pricey though here so I can't have my hair extended. I have to live with my short hair. :))

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    You seem to like them even after your experience with them not being fail proof. I thought that the comb type ones were comfortable and hold up well.. Thanks for the information. I might try it.. when I have a chance.. I do love to play around with my straight hair.

5. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    They do usually hold up well. That was one occasion out of many. Unfortunately, the absolute embarrassment of that one clouds the other good ones. :) I think the problem was the dancing. I was doing spins. But I can't complain. My dance teacher once shared a story with us that was worse. One time he was dancing with a girl in a club and as he went to spin her, the buttons on his cuff got caught in her hair. It turned out her hair was a wig and it came off.

Anyway, hair extensions if done well can be absolutely gorgeous. That's why they are worth the hassle even after supremely embarrassing situations. But they are not worth permanent hair loss. So, I'd also recommend not doing it too often.

6. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't worn hair extensions yet but I'm considering it. Hair extension looks good and I would like to see how I will look with longer hair.

7. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    I went through a phase of wearing some extensions my freshman year of college. My hair was thinned from chemical processing. I couldn't wear extensions now because my hair is too thick and it would look silly...although I wouldn't mind some added length. As long as they blend well with the real hair, I think extensions can look nice and natural.

8. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I had a bad situation, and almost all of my hair in the front and sides broke off. It was awful. I had the worst mullet ever. I debated shaving my head, but since my head is shaped like a pumpkin, I got a partial sew in weave. I had it changed every 6 weeks and kept it in about 6 months. It really gave my hair a break. No coloring it or anything. It was so much more healthier and thicker and grew out to where I could finally at least have a normal hair style. I may do it again though. It really saves the wear and tear of your hair.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No i don't really need them i have natural long hair and i can't barely keep up with that much less extenions.

10. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I have never worn one but I'm always intrigued to try. I would probably wear one on a special occasion or if I'll ever be on television. I would like my hair to appear really long sometimes.

11. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I have never worn hair extensions, and I hope I never have to. I guess they're good for people with short hair, but they're not appealing to me.

12. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    That does make sense. Yeah, I guess I might like to do it once in a while.. i have thick lovely hair.. which I am so happy about, but it does feel good to try new things. No, I am only looking at hair extensions for special occasions. I wouldn't sacrifice my hair for anything.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think hair extensions are great and certainly a lot more discrete than wearing a wig. When used or applied correctly you won't even be able to tell that it's there. Just make sure you go to a professional first so you don't make the mistake of putting on a hair extension that's a different color from your actual hair. :)

14. cheapnfljerseys3

cheapnfljerseys3New Member

Threads:
    Cheap NBA Jerseys

Introducing Flashpoints ®, one of the World’s most sophisticated hair extension procedures. Flashpoints® are a breakthrough in hair technology that will transform your dull, lifeless, fine or short hair in a matter of hours to allow you to create the look you have always wanted.Unlike other extensions on the market, Flashpoints® are much more gentle on your hair. This is because Flashpoints® uses no glues, no waxes and no weaving, but rather a sophisticated hair extension procedure where a link of your new Flashpoints® is attached to a lock of your hair. Best of all they are re-usable time and time again.Your new, thicker and longer hair will look so natural that nobody will be able to tell the difference. They’ll only notice how great your new hair looks. That’s because Flashpoints® are the best quality Remi human hair and virtually undetectable.Flashpoints® hair extensions use no glues, no waxes and no weaving, and best of all do not damage your existing hair. Flashpoints® hair extensions are reusable and are available in a wide range of thickness, lengths and colours.

15. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I was watching TV yesterday and there was a short documentary about hair extensions on. They said at least 80% of the hair they use for them comes from India. There was some kind of ritual where people would get all of their hair cut. That hair was then sent to a processing center where they washed it, disinfected it, and straightened it. It was a little scary, and I have no idea why I was watching it :p

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have never worn hair extensions because I can't stand what it feels like to wear fake hair on my head. So I don't think I will be wearing someone else's hair on my head. I can't even wear wigs on my head because I know it's not my own hair. I don't understand why women don't grow there own hair, all it takes is a little time.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not everyone hair grows the same. You are very fortunate.

Years ago, I used to partial hair extensions. I wore it to add a bit of fullness to my hair. Now, I wear a wig because my hair is gray, silver really. It's very stubborn and doesn't take color very well at all. I'm not ready to wear my hair naturally. I think it will make me look old. I'm not ready for that.

18. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, hair extension may not be just a fashion statement. There are so many people out there who are not blessed with a head full of hair or thick hair or have some hair issues as your.. I wouldn't hesitate to use one if I really had a problem.
    It does look good to wear them neatly on certain occasions. I may take the leap sooner.

19. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't use hair extensions, but if I want to ever wear them, like for a special occasion, or even just for everyday use for that matter, I would have no problem with it. Wearing them is such a common thing now. A friend of mine owns a hair salon, and people go in there all the time to get extensions put in. I have another friend who has been known to spend hundreds of dollars a month on hair extensions because she is so into the 'length' that they give her.

There are a ton of YouTube channels that are dedicated to this type of thing. Just yesterday I came across a fabulous channel on YouTube called Luxyhair. They have hair extensions and tutorials on how to do certain styles. I like the channel just because of the hair style tutorials they have.

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I know that there are some people that has to have those and I have nothing against that which is great. But for myself and I am not speaking for anyone else, it's just not for me. Now later on down the road, I might have to, but I am going to try to keep my hair growing and take the time to keep it right at all times.