Hair Removal Products?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by SEA81 • Apr 17, 2012.

1. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    The smell of Nair is pretty bad but it goes away quickly. I have used Veet as well, and I didn't notice any marked difference. The only thing is that sometimes the Nair didn't make the hair on my face go away completely the first time. You can't do it again directly after, but if you wait twenty four hours, you can get the rest up. This only happens when I'm using the special-sensitive-for-face Nair, though. I've never had this problem on my legs or anywhere else.

2. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I've only used two products that were supposed to remove hair that were As Seen On Tv. I can't remember their names but one was a black pad that was supposed to buff the hair away. It did not work for me at all. I sat there buffing and buffing and did not notice a change at all. The reviews for it are mixed though because some people claimed it worked great and some it didn't work at all. I think it may depend on the person. The other was a device that you run over your skin and it would pluck the hairs out. That one also did not work. It picked up a few hairs but I still had to go back and shave the rest. I would like to find something easy as well and that actually works!

3. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    I have often seen such info-mericials on televisions and often wondered if these lotions actually work. After all, there are so many other competing lotions out there and you need not look further than your very own supermarket. Every time a new product aor brand is introduced, I will be wary of it because firstly it's new and there may be some weird effects to it.

I have however purchased the frequently advertised razor blades. Gilette is one good example with its constant advertisements featuring superstars. While that is a draw for many to buy the product, Gilette has so far proved to be decent to me.

4. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    With so many people on this thread that say they have success with these things, I guess I have to conclude that it's just me. I have incredibly sensitive skin when it comes to products. I literally get welts if I use this stuff and I'm in excruciating pain. :( I really hate shaving my legs. I guess I'll stick with my little electric razor and shaving once a week. Sensitive skin = many razor bumps and ingrown hairs if I shave it all of the time.

5. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    None of the creams I have tried have worked on chin hairs, but I have not tried going back again after 24 hours and using the cream again. I will give that a try. So far, the only thing that really works for me is tweezing, and I hate doing it. But maybe the idea of reapplying after 24 hours will make the cream more successful. BonnyC, my daughter has super sensitive skin, too. She can only use certain razors and certain shave creams. And, she only shaves when she has to because she often ends up with razor bumps and ingrown hairs.

6. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    It isn't just you. I cannot use the creams either. I don't really have a problem with the cream, it just doesn't do anything for me. I just bought another one the other day and used it; all to get about 3 hairs to come off! It is crazy to me, but I also have very thick dark hair. I have told my husband that if we ever come into a windfall of money I am going to go in and get it lasered! I think that is about the only thing that really does work at this point.

7. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    Does the VEET make you itch? I have used Nair on my legs and later find that they itch a lot. It drives me crazy. I had to go back to shaving and I really do dislike it. Though it is not as bad when I buy the Venus razors that have the soap strips already on them. It saves time since I do not have to use soap or shave cream before shaving.

8. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks, it's good to know I'm not a freak :p I have a skin condition as a staph carrier, so I have to be really careful about my skin. It's why I get so many ingrown hairs and razor bumps. Those pores get slightly infected. I end up with boils and cysts a lot, too. It's no fun. So, the electric razor is a godsend. Can anyone suggest a really good one, though? The one I have is the el cheapo dollar store brand.

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    My sister once bought me a finishing touch, which I kept and used for years until it broke. I imagine that would be much more friendly toward sensitive skin than a depilatory cream or a razor.

10. danham

danhamNew Member

Threads:
    I have used veet as seen on TV it works for me.

11. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing that worked for me is waxing. It's still the best way of removing hair for me. I do it myself (for my underarms) or go to waxing salons (for bikini). Good thing though that I'm not hairy on the legs and arms. It saved me a lot of time and money for waxing.