Has anyone bought a Bright Light Pillow?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by chelsknits • Jun 16, 2012.

1. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    That's what I wanted to get for my son. He gets a little scared of the dark, and they actually look really cute. I've seen them at Walmart, so I'm planning on getting him for it when I have the extra money.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I checked them out on Amazon and I want to get the star shaped one for my teenage daughter who is into electronic dance music.
    She loves things that glow in the dark, light up and blink because she can throw a little rave in her room. I can see her lighting up this blinky star pillow before she dances in her room to trance music so that she can pretend she's at the Ultra Music Festival or Electric Daisy Carnival.

41OS0k3MPfL._AA160_.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Does look cute indeed. I wouldn't mind buying myself one.. I know my boys won't care too much about it.. But I wonder if it will disturb sleep , 15 minutes is a long time at night. Great gift for children afraid of the dark.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought this type of pillow but I sure am planning on it.
    I feel like I really needed to get the confirmation from people that the light doesn't get too hot and that there are no safety issues. My cousins are all scared of sleeping without a night light so I feel like this can be the perfect present for them.
    Thank you everyone for your input. I really got swayed into getting this now!(haha).

5. Djbrat

DjbratNew Member

Threads:
    When I first saw the commercial, I thought it would be a fire hazard too. They are LED lights which usually gives off zero heat, so I would think that they are safe.

My son saw the commercial and immediately wanted one. I haven't got him one yet, but am seriously thinking about it.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I got the pillow pets that light up for my kids for Christmas and my kids loved them. They work pretty good and still light up I haven't had to change the batteries or anything they last a fairly good time.

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know that it would be a hazard to have lights in the pillow, but I can't imagine a reason why I would want to have them in one. It doesn't make much sense to me unless maybe you were planning to use it as a night light. I've never heard of these before, but I don't think I would be interested in having one.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    But they're so cute. My daughter who's into techno music loves blinky things. She already wants one of the star ones so that she can have a rave in her room.

41OS0k3MPfL._AA160_.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    First time i hear about this, seeing how i don't watch much TV, but it seems something you would get for a prank or something. Also, something to wrap yourself up that might caught fire at some point isn't a very bright idea, at least from my point of view.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They're marketed for children who are afraid of the dark, but my daughter the trance music fan likes things that light up anyway. They have LED lights, so they're not a fire hazard. LED lights don't get hot.

As a frugal person, I wouldn't run out and buy one of these, but I think that smiley face star is adorable.
    If I found one on sale, I'd buy it for my daughter the raver.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I finally got my kids a light up pillow and they are pretty cool my kids love them. They are really cool and the light last a long time. My kids sleep with theirs on and it turns off after awhile they are def worth the money.

12. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Well i did bought a bright red heart shaped pillow for my girlfriend and she seems to love it.

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had never even heard of a bright light pillow before reading this thread. I can't really see the point in them to be honest. I suppose it could be good for kids but I would want my children to sleep when in bed, it's not play time. However, the filtered light is a good idea, red light will not disrupt sleep like blue light.