Have You A Garden In Your Home?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Haroon Rasheed • Aug 31, 2017.

1. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I am a huge a huge fan of gardening and plants.For this purpose, I have made a seperate garden in front of my house.In which I have planted many kinds of plants and flowers.I daily go to my garden in morning to enjoy the cool breeze.It makes me fell strong and fresh.After this, I water the plants with a bottle or some any other type of pipe.I daily study their in evening and enjoy the pleasant environment there.I also take part in any kind of gardening schemes near my house.I think so that it is a good way to adopt such things with so much happiness.

Do you also have a garden in your or any kind of plants?

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Vegetable and herb garden. I don't plant non-edible plants. Even my decorative plants are edible. My flowers are the types that can be used as tea or mixed to salads. They look pretty but can also be eaten.

3. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    Just like @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan, we have turned a good part of our compound into a garden. In this, we plant subsistence crops including maize, tomatoes beans and traditional vegetables. This, has really helped us save huge amounts of money, when it comes to buying food.

The other subsection, we have planted grass on which we rest during our leisure time. However, I am planning to keep some chicken there, so that I can sell the eggs and consume others.

4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I to am a passionate gardener and in fact we gave up city life and settled down in a semi rural town so that we could get cheap land, build our home and then have a huge garden. My garden is growing well with lots of fruit trees,flowers, lawns, bird bath, and also a waterfall. It keeps me happily on my toes.

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have a small garden in my front yard where we plant some vegetables, small trees and flowers. I am not good at gardening, but I think it's a good opportunity for me and my children to learn, and also get some fresh vegetables to eat. The kids enjoy exploring the worms and insects in the garden too.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like to garden and grow flowers and vegetables in a kitchen garden out back,and have for years on my property,but I would like to expand and have a bigger garden in another area as well,maybe in the front or side of the property. The kitchen garden I have really has something interesting growing in it year round though,like herbs or some nice french breakfast radishes as well. This garden is kind of a year round and ornamental type of garden though with even some cool garden statues as well-so its a everything goes-but also its a very zen garden as well to hang out in with a glass of wine.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, but it's not mine... It belongs to my parents. They already have this garden for many years and I learned to do deal with it a few months ago, to be able to help them.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Living in an apt. has it's good point and gardening is not one of them. I have just a very small herbal garden in pots. Water is included with rent, so I like to catch water from washing my dishes and veggies & fruits to give to my plants. I like it when I give back oxygen with my plants as well as having herbs. Saves money recycling water and having my own herbs to use.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I started gardening when I was in 5th grade. We had a gardening subject where I learned how to plant vegetables on seed bed and also was taught how to make plots for the plants. But the greatest benefit I get from gardening is my appreciation of the plants. Whenever I have ready to harvest vegetables, I would take photos for my enjoyment. The same goes with the fruit trees although I have only small fruit trees like sugar apple and star fruit. Ask any environmentalist and they will tell you that a garden is good for our health - physical and mental.

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I live on 2nd floor and hence do not have a big garden. However, I have started planting small plants in pots and getting my own small garden. At present I have four plants and am planning to get a few flowers too. Hope that they all survive and thrive on what space and sunlight that they get.

11. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I do lots of gardening back home but most of them are vegetables. I prefer planting veggies rather than ornamental plants. I can taste my bounty when it is harvest time plus ornamental plants are for serious gardeners. I am lazy so vegetable gardening is for me. Lesser things to mind.

12. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Wow! that was really great. I have flowers and vegetables in my garden but after reading your comment, I want to have edible plants inside my house too. Tomorrow I will go to the market and look for beautiful plants that can be eaten at the same time. Planting vegetables helps a lot to save money and time as well. I don't need to go to the market to buy tomatoes because I have lots of tomatoes in my garden for free.

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    You are also sure the vegetables you have are safe to eat because many groceries puts chemicals on produce to keep them fresh. For sure you will wait for a long time before harvesting but it you planted a perennial plant you will have something to harvest for a long time.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we do have a garden, both in the front and back yard. The flowers are placed in the front yard while the trees are placed at the back yard. I don't really like flowers though, but my dad is crazy about them, lol.

15. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    Whenever I have time I do some gardening works in our rooftop garden where we plant a variety of vegetables such as tomato, bitter gourd, chili, pepper, and zucchini. Usually, my mother is in charge of gardening she plants different kinds of vegetables, and flowers in our front yard and in our rooftop, we also have a vertical garden for our herbs.

16. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    I have two separate gardens in my compound. One of these gardens I have planted vegetables and fruits. I plant all types of vegetables such as kales, spinach,tomatoes.I have also planted fruits such as lemon,oranges mangoes and avocado. I maintain this garden by watering it during the dry season and by weeding it during the rainy season.

I also have a flower garden in my compound where I have planted various flowers surrounded by a small field where I rest when I'm tired from the long days work.I love my gardens because they make me proud of what I do.

17. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I do have a small garden in my home. But at the moment, it is not populated and lush with blooming flowers and what not. It is just a beautiful small garden with a few plants and flowers. I don't have green fingers and neither does anyone who lives in my home. We have someone who comes in once a week to tend to the home outskirts.

I am looking around though as I would like to plant a few flowers and see how it goes from there.

18. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I can remember when I was small, my grandmother used to have a garden her backyard. Then, she don't buy vegetables because the garden always provided her all the vegetables she needs to cook.

19. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I would love to have a garden at home, but unfortunately there isn't any available space for it. I live in an urban area and there is no yard space for any recreational activity. If I had the space,I would be cultivating some short term crops and vegetables planting some

#19Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2017
  20. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately i don't, but at the moment i'm planing on buying a new home with my family and i hope it will have garden to enjoy.