Have you ever actually bought something from an informmercial

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by xcmiller93x • May 6, 2012.

1. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm kind of a sucker for infomercials so I've bought tons of products. I bout the Pillow Pets for my two kids but they did not last long, with my kids dragging them around all over the place they did not stay puffy for very long. I've bought the Xpress 101 and the other version Redi Set Go but I don't really use them very much. I haven't had any awful, awful experiences where I had to return something because it was just completely useless.

2. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I don't trust infomercials too much. And also find the prices a little too big, at least in my country. I can get the same products from online shops at much lower prices.

3. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I have not. Most of the items they sell on infomercials either look too scammy, too cheap (would break easily), or I just wasn't interested in them.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought a few things from the actual number or website, but I prefer to look for them in stores first, so if I don't like it, I can take it back. One thing that worked really well was many years ago, it was a Power Antenna and it was supposed to clear up the picture for any TV. It worked really well, but when my dormmate and I got into an argument, I took off of her TV and the picture after that was unbelievably crappy.

5. hawynstud

hawynstudNew Member

Threads:
    The only product that I ordered during the infomercial was the P90X workout program and I am extremely happy with my purchase. I have purchased some of the other "As Seen On TV" products when they were made available in stores. Most don't live up to the hype. Anyone buy a Fushigi? Very disappointed with that product.

6. Emmas_Nana

Emmas_NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I purchased the MagicJack on television. I have been using it for four years now. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked. I have also purchased music from Time Life. I was happy with that purchase too. Most things from infomercials that I buy come from the As Seen on TV section at Walmart.

7. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad to say that I have not bought anything from these commercials. I have been tempted, but thankfully I hide my credit cards to keep from making these types of impulse buys.

8. graven29

graven29New Member

Threads:
    I never bought anything from an infomercial, or from the As Seen on TV rack at the store, but if I was going to buy one item, it would have been that Magic Wallet. I wanted one so bad when I saw the infomercial, but for some reason, I just never pull the trigger. Then my friend got one, and he got me one for Christmas. I loved it.

9. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I have not actually bought something off an infomercial though I have been tempted. I usually check for the item on eBay or in an actual store like Target. My friends have told me that after buying something off an infomercial, they receive all kinds of ads and offers that they don't want.

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    The only thing I ever bought was the Insanity workout DVDs and I am so glad I did. I have already dropped down a size and am exciting to keep doing the program to lose even more. The purchasing process was pretty easy and I like that I can make payments.

11. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I am always up late at night. And those commercials are so tempting. I have not fallen for one yet. The ones for business opportunities are really funny. I usually pull up Google and see what complaints they have against them. It's pretty interesting reading.

12. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I've bought a girdle called Slim n Lift. That's the only product I've bought from infomercials so far. My mom and I have actually been satisfied with it. But normally, I am very apprehensive about buying products from infomercials.

13. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I have not bought anything from infomercials before. I usually don't stick around and watch the channel long enough when one comes on. I've always been a bit leery of the products because they seem to be too good to bet true. I'm a bit of a skeptic so I don't want to spend my money that easily. But I do know people that have bought plenty of things from infomercials and there were products that were great and others that wasn't.

14. Sandy

SandyNew Member

Threads:
    My ex mother-in-law bought a lot of stuff "as seen on TV' after she retired. She did her shopping that way. Most of the items were used and some she gave away.

15. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    I bought something from one of those shopping channels, though I can't for the life of me remember the name. I know it was a GLAD product,
    and it was one of those deals where you have the bags and the vacuum sealer? You put meat or whatever in the bags, which came in different
    sizes and you used the handheld vacuum zapper thingy and it sucked all the air out. From what I remember, it worked okay to a degree. Like if
    you were buying meat in bulk and wanted to break it down into smaller bags, great, but if it was something with a little liquid ratio, watch out. The
    crap would be everywhere. I used one of the stand up quart bags ( as advertised ) to freeze some chicken and dumplings I had made and the next
    day when I went in to freezer for something I had chicken broth frozen to the bottom of my freeze, locking everything in place.

16. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    i have bought a shake weight and the instyler. i haven't really used the shake weight as much like i should so i can't really do a review on that but the instyler i didn't like i returned it asap it got way to hot and was hard to use. I think theres always good and bad to things on tv but i would read reviews first before buying anything.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So far I haven't bought anything from an infomercial yet, but my dad bought 2 items so far, a mop and a Coleman flashlight. Both were quite durable and were good purchases.

18. Koala

KoalaNew Member

Threads:
    I've never bought anything from an infomercial although there were things that I had wanted to buy! I just waited until they put it up on the Wal-Mart "as seen on TV" um room? It's like a small room where they have all the products from the Infomercial it's where I bought a Pillow Pet and a Shake weight :p

19. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that I have purchased some items from infomercials in the past. Did they always worked as claimed? Does anything product really work as it claims to? I found that the products that I bought for the most part the product did work decently, but it really wasn't worth the purchase of the product, since I actually hardly if ever used it.

20. Alex19

Alex19New Member

Threads:
    I have never bought anything from a TV commercial for a simple reason of mine : Good things don`t need agressive advertising. All of them seem to be cheap but they have a big price for what they offer.