Have you ever actually bought something from an informmercial

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by xcmiller93x • May 6, 2012.

1. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    Like many here, I've also never had the experience of purchasing anything directly from infomercials. Sometimes they're amusing to watch, but not enough to make me want to pick up the phone or go to their website and buy something. Places like Walmart have a section for "As Seen On TV" products, and I've bought a few items from there.

2. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I've boughten the Magic Bullet and I really love it! I have had them for about 5 or 6 years now and they still work great. It is a great way to use a blender if you want to just make a single serving. It is an awesome way to make a cold coffee drink or a smoothie!

3. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    When my daughter was 4 (so, 12 years ago!) she wanted the very first Kids Bop CD that was on an infomercial. We bought it. We still have it! All the kids love it!

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought anything from a commercial for well over ten-years. I used to ask my mum to buy the latest cereal or chocolate bar or toy advertised on the T.V but that was when I was a kid. I've grown up since then and I'm no longer dazzled by the ads.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No i just don't trust the things i see on tv and mainly because i can usually find them at dollar tree or something like that for cheaper.

6. CrazyCalvin

CrazyCalvinNew Member

Threads:
    Do be honest, I don't really "trust" any commercials I see on the T.V just because to me, it seems REALLY fake. The way they use the product really makes me think. My parents HAVE bought something from informmercial's but after they used it for about 1 week, the product broke...

7. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I guess I am like most of you guys here. I wait for the things I see on TV to come to Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and so many other Retailers to purchase. Even though on TV they throw in other things and try to entice you more, I try to stay away from ordering because most of the time, when I do my research on the products or people who ordered on TV get charged obscene amounts of money and I am tight with my money and I like to read everything or write down everything the representative tells me and if they do not follow through, it would not be pretty if I call back. So I always wait! I have purchased several items that were seen on TV and the best thing or the best product that delivered what they stated on TV was my Ninja! I LOVE MY Ninja and wish I would have ordered in from the infomercials to get a second one. If you do not have a Ninja you should get one, but you have to be very careful with the blades, they are really sharp!

8. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I have! I pourchased Sheer Cover the mineral makeup and I love it. It works really well just like the infomercial says. It comes with three colors, a highlighter and a concealer.

9. JLetterman

JLettermanNew Member

Threads:
    I've bought several things throughout the years from infomercials, not all the time, just it adds up over time. I would have to say that most were impulse buys and not a product that really paid off. There were also good products that did work well with me, such as the Total Gym and the juicer.

10. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    I never bought anything directly from their telephone offer thing but I did buy it stores when it came out into the stores. Stuff such like Shamwow. I personally feel those products are scams though many will disagree with me. I feel like the quality is not so well as good as some of the other products on the market.

11. GulfWarVet71

GulfWarVet71New Member

Threads:
    I personally haven't bought from the tv info-mmercials as we have an "As Seen on TV" store in my area. They are pretty good about getting the most up to date items as well. My wife and I bought the tortilla forms, I don't recall the names off hand. They work great too, just as advertised. I have personally bought the Shammwow and am currently looking/waiting for the ear cleaner to hit the stores.

12. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I ordered the InStyler and although it worked like a charm it was not sturdy enough to be used almost everyday by a couple of cousins. It only lasted us a couple of months and then it was back to hair dryers and irons. My cousins and I didn't think to buy another one since it was quite expensive.

13. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    My mum and I bought a brush from an infomercial, i forgot what it's called though. But it's supposed to make our wavy hair straight. To make the story short, the product didn't work and my dad was scolding us for wasting the money! :eek:

14. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I think you got lucky. Most stuff from informmercials is absolute garbage and in many cases can be considered scams. As I mentioned on another post, the only thing I ever bought off of an informmercial was a feather duster which turned out to be totally worthless, but they sure made it look good on TV!!!

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    You can get the cake lollipop thingamabob at Kmart or Walmart or Walgreens or ... I can't think of the other thing. You can also get the food saver thingies. Generally for 20 dollars or so.

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually just get them at Target, so I can see what they look like in person first. I have bought a couple online or over the phone though. The most recent thing we ordered was a manual food processor called The Kitchen King Pro. I was really impressed with the build quality of it, and it does in fact work really well.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, in the early 2000's I bought the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie. It was a good little rotisserie and made good roasted chicken. It was well made and I would still have it if it hadn't been in a box of stuff that got lost the last time I moved house. I wonder if they still sell them. I remember the slogan for the Showtime Rotisserie "Set it and forget it." You set the little dial and when it was done making your chicken, it would turn itself off with a "ding" sound.

18. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy watching the infomercials, they usually do a great job of showing you how to use the product, and exactly what it does. I have never called in and bought the product from the sellers, but I will watch in the thrift store, or on eBay or even Craigslist , and find the same product at a better price. My best find was the Tony Little Gazelle. I got it from Craigslist for $20, and I love it ! It folds up when you are not using it, and even with my bad knees, I can exercise with it. It does not hurt like trying to walk does,so I am able to do more of it. If I get tired, I just stop and rest.... Can't do that when out for a walk, so it has been a blessing for me.

19. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I used to watch those but I never did ever buy anything from there, but I have found some of the same products at stores such as big lots and Dollar tree for a lot cheaper then what they were offering.

20. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I've never purchased from an infomercial, but I used to sell As Seen On TV products online. Something that sells for $19.95 on TV, you can get wholesale for about $5 to $10. That's what Walgreen's and other stores do. It's not out of reach for the individual to get wholesale, and you don't have to buy in large lots to get a good price.