Have you ever actually bought something from an informmercial

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by xcmiller93x • May 6, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought the Ninja Master Prep blender, but I didn't buy it directly from the infomercial. I bought it for $20 during a Cyber Monday sale online. The Ninja is one of the few infomercial products that actually delivers and most of the reviews from people that have them agree that it works.

2. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I'd say I've been sucked in by a lot of similar products that I do not use anymore. They proactive for my teenager did not provide any visible results after the sixty days, so we did not sign up. I purchased it at a kiosk in the mall, so there was no monthly memberships. I have Richard Simmons. I loved it back then but I don't have a vcr, so there goes that idea. More recently, I've purchased flexseal, which allows you to seal up cracks in the roof or pipes. It worked as described. I used it to seal the bathroom sink pipes and it has held for months.

3. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    I have never bought anything from a infomercial but there is this one thing I am interested in purchasing. Its the airbrush makeup for your face? I seen it quick this morning I will write more when I figure out what the heck its all about.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't. There have been some things that looked...interesting. But it always seemed a little sketchy to me overall.

5. jilliansorenson

jilliansorensonNew Member

Threads:
    I totally have bought exercise DVDs from infomercials. The infomercial for exercising is always so compelling and makes me think I am going to lose weight in a fun way. Recently, I bought the Zumba DVD set...I thought my mom and I could do it together but she says she is too fat for dancing. I have done it occasionally, and it does get your heart rate moving. I need to do it with more regularity to see results, but you know how making a commitment to exercise is!

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Never did, but one of my aunts buys anything she can from them. And for the things that i have seen, 90% of the products are horrible.

7. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I can't say I have when I think about it. I have been tempted at a couple of products though, one was a samurai sword set, but I chose not to just because it was not really worth it. I think they do a good job at getting you intrigued about the products though.

8. tara9952

tara9952New Member

Threads:
    I have bought several things from TV before. The key is to still do some research on the product. Look up reviews on it and see what other peoples experience has been with the product. Also, Most stores now have the section with the "as seen on TV" products so you don't have to always order from the TV. Don't ever believe it when they say "If you call in the next ... Minutes" that they offer you a special deal. That is not true, they are always offering that deal if not a better one. They are just trying to get you to impulse buy and not think it out or research.

Hope this helps:)

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I bought Victoria Jackson's make up line after seeing an informercial for it. I never regretted that purchase, wonderful line of make up. I also bought as skin care line that I can't remember the name of years ago after an infomercial. Regretted that purchase, this line make my skin even worse, it took another product that my sister told me about to get rid of the problem this line caused. I have bought a few cleaning products which worked decently. I also bought one of these steam bullets, it wasn't a bad product, but it didn't work as well as they claimed it would. Now a days before I buy anything from an infomercial I research it online first. Usually I would find reviews from those who actually bought the product, and these tell me better then anything else whether the product is worth investing in.

10. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    The only thing that I've ever bought from an infomercial is the Shamwow brand products.

The way Vince made the product seem like it could soak up any spill convinced me. Realistically, it's not that much of a super power sponge towel, but it manages to do it's work on a casual basis when spills aren't too severe.

11. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    I've bought things "As seen on tv" from the store because places like Walmart and Dollar General carry some items now. I always want to buy stuff off those commercials because it usually looks really cool, I just never have. I probably will someday. I like to shop to be quite honest. I tend to buy things I want, and not just what I need.

12. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    I have never gotten anything from an infomercial but I have bought products "As Seen On TV" products from department stores. As a consumer I would like to see, test and handle a product first before actually buying it so the infomercials don't really work for me. I will never know if they are as good as the ones on TV but I am pretty happy with the stuff that I got so far and I haven't encountered any problems.

13. twistedyees87

twistedyees87New Member

Threads:
    I bought the "Perfect Pushup" that aired a year ago or so. Its two handles that help you do a perfect pushup with the proper form. I lucked out and it does work and I love the product.

14. mitchelltune

mitchelltuneNew Member

Threads:
    I've tried the SQUEEZY FREEZY and it works awesome.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    never have, never will

16. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    The item that I bought from online would have to be the ab rocket. I absolutely adore the ab rocket and I would never buy it unless I knew I was going to have results from it and I honestly had it.
    It was well worth the money and I could definitely say that I lost weight from it and then some.

17. sbg101

sbg101New Member

Threads:
    Many years ago I bought a Jet Stream oven to prove them wrong that it was possible to cook a 12 pound turkey in just 1 3/4 hours.
    The very first time I tested it was when I took it work and put it in the employee break room to bake a large chicken. After about thirty minutes, it certainly didn't look that appealing - pretty withered up. My co-workers were having a good chuckle. I was so mad at myself for not first testing it in the seclusion of my apartment.

The pleasant shock came less than 15 minutes later when I cut it open with several of my co-workers watching. The reason the chicken looked the way it did was because the oven had seared the skin and locked in all of the tasty juices, which came pouring out when cut. That bird was delicious! (And I was greatly relieved to be enjoying chicken instead of eating crow.)

They've made them a lot fancier now with more electronic gadgetry, so I don't know if they still work as well as they did back then. That purchase certainly wasn't a bust and I continued to use it for quite some time.

18. savvygirl

savvygirlNew Member

Threads:
    Like the OP I don't buy from the informercial itself but will wait until I see it in the store. So far I've gotten a Magic Bullet which I loved, however the plastic rotator broke after only a few months so that was not well made for the price. I've gotten some cheaper models than the Bullet, one that I have now for almost 2 years and still going strong. I've gotten some work out equipment like the Ab Roller and some step machines. Wasn't too impressed with the Ab Roller as it did not seem to deliver on its claims of really targeting the abdominal muscles.

19. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I ever did! Unless it's something that for example is on QVC but I bought it somewhere else.
    To me for some reason products on infomercials seem like scams. I always had that view on them. I think they usually make so many claims, and the person talking about it never sounds genuine. It never seems like a safe deal to me.

20. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought infomercial products, but not from an infomercial itself. I usually just buy them in store. I have had varying results. The Sham Wow is garbage. The Fasta Pasta is awesome though and I use it all the time.