Have you ever actually bought something from an informmercial

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by xcmiller93x • May 6, 2012.

1. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Hi

I have always had a slight stretch mark issue after having children. After seeing this Celtrixa infomercial I became convinced. I bought it. They sent me 3 bottles at 29.95. Lol, you guys know how the offers are advertised. My marks did lighten up. They didn't disappear though.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some infomercials that are made specifically for brand exposure. Taking that into account I'd say yes, I've bought such products not because I saw the infomercial on TV but. . .

. . .because I've buying the product and I just keep buying it if it fulfills the purpose I need it to.

3. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I see a lot of products sold on tv, and I only bought one product that I saw on tv. It was not what I expected and it did not do as advertised.I know that they sjow people who have bought their products and they show their satisfaction, but not every product sold on tv works exactly like it is advertised.

4. glitter9

glitter9New Member

Threads:
    The thing is when you are up late, and you get caught up in the sales pitch, you decide to call that number before time runs out :D. I have purchased many a product off "as seen on tv" and some were good, never great and some were just absolute duds. For me, the truth is I don't need to be up late at night to call. I used to have a problem, like an addiction to buying this this way. I would get so pumped-up and excited before I called. Of course they make it seem so effortless on tv. At home what happens? that juicer shoots juice in your face, The wax hurts like heck, and that work-out series is not as inspirational as you thought. Well, lol, you live and you learn

Will I be purchasing more products in this manner in the futuire...ummm...ye! I can't help myself. :)

5. iShootRocks

iShootRocksNew Member

Threads:
    I agree, I have always been somewhat scared to buy off an infommercial. Sometimes they seem really sketchy and like the product doesn't work.

6. pchoksi93

pchoksi93New Member

Threads:
    My father actually bought the Sleep Right pillow from an infomercial and he absolutely loves it! He won't even use any of the other pillows in the house. He takes it with him when he travels and it has really changed the way he sleeps. He is a lot more alert during the day and feels more rested when waking up. Not everything that is on an infomercial is bad!!

7. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I bought some of the make up products endorsed by a supermodel. Yes there were good, nothing out of this world, but once I tried to cancel the subscription, they kept trying to charge me. I sent them back 4 to 5 times after I asked them to quit sending them and then I moved. I got forwarded mail they were still trying to charge me. NEVER again!

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought the Ronco Showtime rotisserie and it was a good rotisserie that lasted me a long time. I also have a Ninja Master Prep but I bought it from a website called One Sale A Day instead of buying it from the infomercial. I like both products but I normally don't buy things from infomercials because good products like the Ninja are rare.

9. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    My mother once bought a TotalCore ab workout machine. It worked roughly the way it was supposed to, but it was still pretty rubbish compared to what had been shown on tv, so we ended up throwing it out. Haven't bought anything from infomercials since.

10. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I bought a GT Express a few years ago and I do love it. I don't use it very often, but it's perfect when I am in the mood for an omelet. I know it can make more but I lost the recipe book a long time ago. For some people omelets are easy but not for me, I never get them to flip right and it ends up some kind of weird scramble. With the GT Express, I mix all ingredients in a bowl, so say eggs, cheese, ham, peppers and I just scramble it all up and poor it into the GT Express and it cooks them absolutely perfectly. It is very small, doesn't take a large amount of space and the cord wraps around the bottom, supper easy clean up. I have had it probably 7 years or so, can't remember exactly but it still works just great.

11. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    I have purchased a few things that were shown on an infomercial. Most of the time those things worked. The problem was that they only worked about 1/3 as good as they are supposed to work. Half the time I was able to buy something just as good for half the price at a local dollar store.

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I can't think of anything I have ever purchased that I saw on TV via the telephone number they give. There have occasionally been products I was interested in, but when finding out you pay three installments of XYZ amount I was turned off. It's a ridiculous way to present something and you end up paying way more than when just buying something flat out.

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't, but my dad regularly does. He is housebound so he watches those shopping channels all the time and has bought so much rubbish over the years that we have two massive cupboards bulging with them. I can't think of a single one that he bought that has been useful.

14. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    It's pretty difficult to reduce stretch marks. My good friend has been dealing with this for almost a decade now and she's come to the conclusion that the only way to get the results she wants is plastic surgery. I'm personally not a fan of surgery but she has, indeed, tried everything on the market to no avail. Honestly, if she would have got the surgery first she would have likely spent much less money.

15. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    I have, for my mom. It was a back massage thingy. It was okay until one of the bulbs broke. It cost me about $60 and I wasn't going to spend $30 for postage to send it back for replacement. My uncle repaired it by putting a wooden bulb in its place.