Have You Ever Donated Your Online Earning To Charity?

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by moondebi • Oct 17, 2016.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    In many of the sites, there is an option to donate your money to charitable causes once you reach the redemption threshold. So far, I have not chosen that option as a means of cash out. The time and energy what it takes to touch a redemption is too intense an effort for me to donate.

However, if I find a genuine cause to support, I donate from my offline earning Which is rather an affordable option to do a charity.

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    No I have not but I would love doing so if I know the background of the company. You know, there's a lot of scammers these days. However, when it comes to donations, I would prefer giving it onsite because I want to see people make good use of it. Do you have any websites in mind which ask for donations?

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't click on the donate button in some of the sites I use. This does not mean I don't give to charity. In a few occasions one of which was an earthquake that happened somewhere in the world I made a small donation from part of my online earnings.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me for this brag but I am a generous person to a fault sometimes. However, I never thought of giving to online charities. My style of charity is in giving help to people I know like relatives, friends and neighbors. Giving to charitable institutions is not my cup of tea.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have done that at more than one occasion but I did not donate through that button which is there on many sites. In fact, I started a thread on a writing cum forum site to donate when one of our states suffered a serious earthquake 3 years before. I started with $10 from my site's balance and soon 26 other members joined the campaign with contribution of $5-10 and 20. Admin then deducted that amount from members account and sent it to Prime Minister Relief Fund.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Well I am on an app in which there are frequently campaigns for the good causes and I keep donating little bit then and again. I did donate my redemption amount recently for a charity which I have physically visited once years back.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    No I haven't as I do really need the cash right now. Besides I don't really know if my money will be actually used for a good cause. When I do donate it has to be in person to make sure my money is put into good use and people are being helped out.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is one survey place called Survey Monkey that only gives money to charity plus enters you into a cash drawing when you answer the survey, and you can decide which charity that you don'ate to. since they do not send surveys very often, and then are out long ones, and you never get screened out, I always do these surveys when they send them to me. I have my donation go to Doctors without Borders, which I feel is a great charity and helps a lot of people.
    With most of the surveys, I either take an Amazon card, when available, or some kind of a cash out option if they don't have Amazon.
    That being said, there are some easy ways to donate to your favorite charity besides surveys, and it cost you nothing to donate. Amazon has a program called Amazon Smiles, and when you order through the Smiles website, then Amazon donates a small portion of their profit to your preferrred organization. You can list an organization that is local, such as your community food bank, or you can have it go to one of the larger charities, like Red Cross. It is completely up to you which charity you pick.
    My grocery store, Kroger, also does this, and I think that most of the larger grocery chains do have a similar program, so it is worth looking at their website to see if the have it.
    This is a great way to help your favorite charity, and all you have to do is buy food or other items that you are buying anyway, since the company makes the donations.

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Helium, now defunct, was a good writing site. When the site was functional, I used to donate entire earnings from couple of articles to the charity. I have also donated funds to the charity via paypal.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You remind me of Squidoo where I had donated all my balance for charity when the site announced its closure. It would have been my first redemption from that site but I wanted to do something good so chose to donate instead.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A few times I've donated to charity from bing rewards now Microsoft rewards. There are others like Ronald McDonald's house donations when I got treat myself or at holiday time when you hear the Salvation Army bells too, I've donated and many other times when they got special donation needed and I share about them too. I also found this site called hungersite.com where you click to donate. Another site called freerice.com you play a game and every right answer you donate grains of rice. I too was a member of squidoo.com and tried to alternate the charities you donate to all the time. Wonderful isn't it that there are good and noble people in this world that are charitable and kind.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    My family has done something for the charity in helping such institution personally. We haven't done donating to charity online. I know it is easy to donate online especially when you have the PayPal account or any money processor which could facilitate such donation. By the way, this morning I was traveling by sea. I saw a group of youth singing at the sea port asking donation for the charity. Well, I spared a little sum of money for them.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You would be surprised to note that perhaps we have largest number of institutes religious or for welfare of various people including children, women and disabled which need support from public. Our government also provides 100% tax deduction in most cases if donations are made to registered institutes with a proper donation proof. Besides the political parties also accept donation besides various other education related charitable organisations.

14. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I always donate to charity with my online earnings. I haven't earned much but whenever I do part of it goes to charity. Getting paid online is sometimes harder than earning offline but a little generosity doesn't hurt.

15. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    There is one survey site I participate that was offering me the possibility to donate my earnings to charity and as it was a cause I firmly believe in I did it. Usually I don't do it though, not because I don't believe in the causes, but because I need the money for my day-to-day.

16. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    I donated my first ever online income to charity. Though it was a small amount($5), I felt extremely proud and happy to be able to contribute to the society. Since then, I have been donating regularly to the charitable organizations. On my birthdays, I buy fruits and necessities from my online earnings for the old people. That feeling of warmth and happiness in the old people's eyes is priceless.

What goes around comes around. If you help someone today, you are bound to receive help from someone someday. If we all can pitch in small amounts, the world will definitely become a better place to live in.

17. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    I have never really thought about it, but with what I have gathered from you guys I think it is a humble course and I will try it out. I usually donate things like clothes to the less fortunate but not money.

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do donate part of my online earnings to charity but rarely simply because I am still studying how to make reasonable money online. I just hope I'll be in a better position soon to make this a routine.

19. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't done anything like that till now. As mentioned above usually income from online sites are very low and most people don't think of donating it to charity. Moreover, I wanted to know exact details of any charity works. I do charity offline and I know if my money is going to deserving people. I visit orphanages and old age homes and also part of a local charity organisation. I prefer doing something of which I know the end results.

20. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I an relatively new to online earning. I started working online since last January. Until now I have earned around $200 in a year. I used this money to pay my internet bills and buy gifts for loved ones. Since I earn just about $15 in average per month, I have not considered donating this money yet.