Have You Ever Faced Problem With Third Party Purchase From Amazon?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Ray1 • Feb 6, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am facing a strange problem from Amazon these days. I ordered a watch from a third party seller through Amazon. It was due for delivery on 2nd February but I have not received it till date and when I contacted Amazon support on 4th they assured me delivery within 24 hours but there is no response from the seller.

The seller has not even updated the status of consignment so far despite repeated reminders. Have you ever faced such a situation, or what options do I have in such a case?

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I've not faced such a situation ever dealing with Amazon.

Have you paid the money already?

However, even if you do, I think Amazon will avoid earning a bad name even though the deal is through a third party vendor. In some cases when the product is not there in seller's inventory it takes time. It happened with me with other e-stores, and eventually the order got cancelled.

3. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I went through this last year with a third party seller. If you have already paid for the item and have an open order, check your orders page. If the orders page shows it as not being dispatched, you should have an option to cancel the order and get your money back. It will ask why you are cancelling so you can say exactly why. If you want to give them one more chance, you should be able to contact the seller directly through the same page, giving them notice that if it is not dispatched by tomorrow you will cancel the order, and see if that gets them to update it. If they don't, cancel it. And whatever you do, leave 1-star feedback for the seller, not the item, stating exactly why.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I paid in advance through debit card and constantly writing to Amazon support. I am amazed to see that every agent is saying that your problem will be sorted out by the end of the day but they have done nothing in this matter apart from writing to seller and sending copy to me. I am going to take a strong action if the problem remains unresolved by this evening.

5. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    As a customer, you've every right to convey a strong message. The money is already paid and that should have made them even more responsible.
    Never thought Amazon to be so irresponsible even if the actual deal is through a third party. It is a kind of eye-opener for all the fellow customers.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    After having 5 straight chats with agents Amazon credited my payment in my Amazon account through "Goodwill Gift Card". I have a serious problem though that the GC will expire within one year before I come back from foreign assignment so I have no choice but to use it as a gift to someone. I would have preferred if they had arranged back in my bank account though.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, you got your money back but that also in weird way by gift card. That's really bad. Isn't there was any way to get that amount in bank account or something. So far never experienced like this. I have faced delayed but not that much. And also mostly I used to pay through COD. In past when I had successfully refunded by Amazon in my bank account when I didn't liked the product. So I am not having any bad experience like this so far.

8. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    No, whenever I order anything from Amazon (which is A LOT)... I usually just take the first price they give me and go with that. Is a third-party purchase when they give you other offers from different sellers of the same product? I may have seen something like that when I was buying a book....they had some used books that were cheaper and I bought it from somebody on a list of sellers. But I didn't encounter any problems, the book was maybe only $2.00!

Maybe just cancel your entire order with Amazon, contact them directly and then start all over, even if you have to pay a little more when you re-purchase. That's the only thing I can come up with for you to do in this situation.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 They have returned my money in my bank account also besides I have received the watch by post instead of DHL courier which they had mentioned in their email. Now I have my money back in my account, a Goodwill GC and the watch without any obligation. So, I can say Amazon cares for its reputation.

#9Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
  10. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Wow, that's is really a customer delight. Happy to know that the issue is resolved by now.

I have been dealing with Amazon for the past one year or so and never faced any issues till now. Once I got a faulty product which I bought through Amazon Gift Card. I returned the product to them and they credited the money back to Gift Card.

I think in reputed companies like Amazon what they care most is brand reputation. Once their image is spoiled that will be a big blow to them and they will do anything to maintain their leadership position.

#10Feb 15, 2017
  11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @luckycharm@luckycharm Even I have not faced any such problems in the past besides a couple of items delivered late by a day or so but this particular case was a unique one. As they explained that it was possible in the case of third party involvement so they will spread the news about this particular party.

#11Feb 16, 2017
  12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 That makes sense too. Amazon is big company and they should take care of such things. Not all people like to receive gift cards only so that they must use it on their site. Even I would prefer to have cash only as return. And that's what I experienced in the past. Good to hear that they are caring about their customers.

Recently they have launched prime version too, I wonder what benefits they provide with it.

#12Feb 16, 2017
  13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    If you are a homesteading Gardener , Do not buy seeds at Amazon.com! I ordered jalapeño seeds there and I was so excited planting them. After months of waiting for the plant to grow fruits, I am so upset that I got scammed. It is not a jalapeño plant. it is bird's eye chili. They also scammed me with their so called "blue strawberries" It is just regular small Chinese strawberries. I got scammed by their photo shopped marketing.

14. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I've had non delivery problems from third party sellers with Amazon before, but to be fair Amazon is very good at sorting it out. They usually tell me me to contact the seller to see what has happened and in most cases I am sent a replacement. If that doesn't work Amazon go to great pains to sort it out for me. I've always thought their customer service was good.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 I must agree that I did not face many problems in the past but I faced couple of them in recent past especially the one I faced when I was about to depart from India and I had ordered few watches from third party vendors. The site is fine but the support kept making false promises and when I used strong words they did some thing which was beyond my wildest of imaginations. They gave me compensation for equal amount, the third party refunded my money in my account and the watches arrived at my address by Indian posts instead of courier service mentioned in dispatch notice. They said the courier had destination problem.

16. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Wow that was good service all round! I think my main problem is my house is not visible from the road. I live up a footpath which runs off the cul de sac at the top of my road and sometimes delivery people have not been able to find it so they take it back again.

I shall have to try using strong words next time I get a problem and see if I can get as lucky as you Ray1 !

#16Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  17. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have done a bit of shopping on Amazon and I have not yet experienced and difficulty. It seems that the third party distributor is having difficulties in delivering your order. There are some many affiliated dealers on Amazon, therefore, it's not beyond expectations that at some time there may be some sort of a mishap. The good thing, however, is that Amazon prides itself on maintaining a good reputation so I believe they will definitely seek to sort out this problem to your satisfaction.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, I've never had a single problem with my purchases by Amazon. In my opinion, this is one of the best sites (and most secure... which is something very important) for online shopping. I can buy with my eyes closed. ;)

19. ursellb

ursellbNew Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 No I haven't had this problem with Amazon. I think that you should cancel
    the order now and get a refund. You have waited long enough.

#19Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @ursellb@ursellb The problem has since been solved and I got compensated there is no issue left. If you please read my post above there you will find that they have refund my money in my bank, paid equal amount in my amazon account and the watch is at my home address. The only thing is that watch came too late and with another delivery process what they had mentioned in their original acknowledgement.