Have You Ever Switched Your Homeowner's Insurance?

Discussion in Home & Property Insurance started by MrsJones • Sep 6, 2016.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I switched homeowner's insurance only two times in 16 years. The first time was because the rates increase so much monthly that it affected my budget drastically. The second time was because of the service that I received from the agency was confusing and created so many problems that I feared it would be cancelled. This is why I ask the question have you ever switched homeowner's insurance.

There was so much information that was not explained initially that being a first time homeowner I felt I should have been told. I didn't know that some insurance companies require an inspection. It sounds reasonable enough but not after I've paid my premium and then a month later my policy was cancelled because of that inspection that I wasn't informed about and took place without my knowledge.

It costs me more to have it reinstated so in my efforts to find affordable insurance I didn't succeed.

Before my six months was up I was again in the market for homeowner's insurance. With all the problems that I had experienced I felt I was better prepared with questions, one of which referred to home inspections.

2. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I have had problems with my old home insurance company, so I had to switch and had to get an inspection but I hate that the inspection can decline the insurance because I have been paying the bill for the last few month, It just seems not right to me. However I haven't got my report of the inspection, I am very worried about it becasue we have a very old house, however we also have a very basic, simply policy. So I am crossing my fingers.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We didn't switch our home insurance since the time we got one. My parents were mostly concerned with losing the amount initially invested. After you already paid your down payment and succeeding monthly rates, you won't get a refund in the event you want to cancel. Also, the insurance provider has been performing well in the stocks these past few years. It's in fact a blue chip company so we decided to stick with it.