Have You Made Any Payments With Bitcoin?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by kaka135 • Mar 16, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I am very new to bitcoin and I would like to find out more about it. I have read that there are some shopping sites that we can pay by bitcoins. There are many sites where we can just pay by our Paypal cash, but I don't see much logo with bitcoins.

Have you made any payments with bitcoins before? What did you purchase and where you bought it?

Thank you for sharing.

2. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    No, because I haven't seen any sites selling things I want that use Bitcoin. I did wonder about using it to buy services through Fiverr, but there wasn't much there to buy and I don't have very much in the way of bitcoin.

I think it still has a way to go in maturing as a currency, and being banned in some countries doesn't help.

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Jessika@Jessika I have read that we can use to pay in some of the shopping sites in my country, but same as you, there's nothing I'd like to buy from these sites too. I didn't know we can buy services using bitcoins via Fiverr, I will check it out and see if there is any I am interested in.

Yes, it would be good if it will be widely used as a virtual currency which might make us more convenient in future.

4. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    In my country(Kenya),I have not seen any site using bitcoins as a means of payment.This is because the value of one bitcoin is so high compared to the local currency.
    This online currency is convenient but at the moment I would not recommend using it.For instance in Kenya,in order to spend 1 bitcoin,you'll have spent a hundred thousand Kenyan shillings.This is quite alot and therefore it would be absurd to use bitcoins.Maybe as time goes by,values will adjust and make it an acceptable mode of payment.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't yet used bitcoins because I still don't feel totally safe to do these types of transactions. It's still a very unsuccessful course for me, so I'd rather not risk it.

However, I still keep reading about it one time or another and maybe I change my mind - or not - very soon. :D

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am new to the currency you have mentioned. This so-called bitcoin is unfamiliar for me. Though I have known from a reliable source that bitcoin nowadays is stable when compared to the actually money or currency particularly the USD and it has a great value.

I may join others in saying that there is no so far online shops that have accepted bitcoin payments for purchases made. This is because that bitcoin is converted to the real money or currency before it is accepted for payment. That is only my opinion.

7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped using bitcoin because I am not doing any job that pays me in the currency, but even if I had the bitcoins, most likely I would trade with them, taking advantage of the fluctuation to cash in some. Usually places where we can buy bitcoin or trade them to charge a percentage that tend to take our margins away though.

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used bitcoin to shop offline even though I have bitcoin debit card (plastic card). However, I have used bitcoin to buy things and services online. I pay my hosting through bitcoin, I also fund my virtual card through bitcoin and use the virtual card to shop online.

9. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @luri@luri Are those sites that accept credit card and debut card accept payments from virtual card too? If this is so, then I think it's a good option to get bitcoin to be used to pay with virtual card. I am fine if this are mainly used to shop online as I have been using my paypal cash for online payment only.

Thanks for sharing this! :)

#9May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  10. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I have a bitcoin account, but I never work for the sites where bitcoin is offered as a mode of reward. And, I do not have any other means to accumulate bitcoin which I could use for online shopping.
    However, bitcoin usage is now getting popularized and many platforms accept this virtual currency. So, I'm thinking to work for sites which offer bitcoins as well. In this way, it would be possible to make online transactions through bitcoin.

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    It makes me sad these days to think about bitcoin because less than 2 months ago bitcoin was around 900USD and now it's over 2000USD. I was considering buying some at the time, but chickened out at the last moment, my loss really.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have not and I was reading a story the other day that led me to believe that it might not even be around much longer. I bet there will be one saying it is stronger than ever soon though so I am not sure what to believe.

13. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Once I read in a article that Etsy accepts Bitcoin and you can shop and pay through Bitcoin. Even the sellers can also be paid via bitcoins. I have not personally tried but if I try it in the future I will share it here.

14. SheleyJ

SheleyJNew Member

Threads:
    Nope, not yet. Because Bitcoin don't support here in Bangladesh.

15. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Bitcoin definitely makes sense for doing cross country payments. Often we can't do that and rely on paypal. I purchased Amazon.com gift card without having to reveal my details. So this is a good option. I'd say for some of such tasks, this can be good option. Also the amount of bitcoin that can be earned is harder but the value is really good for the bitcoin. So I'd say it's worth holding the bitcoin these days.