Have You Started Shopping For Christmas Gifts?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by kaka135 • Oct 16, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    There are only 10 weeks away from Christmas, and I believe some are busy preparing the shopping list or started shopping for Christmas gifts. Do you think it saves more to start preparing and shopping earlier, though there will always be big sales coming when it is near to Christmas.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Recently I like getting food for Christmas presents. I find it very good to give food gifts for you know people will enjoy them. I don't give other kind of gifts, because you just don't know what a person likes. Giving food gives me a good feeling that they'll enjoy it. So giving food lets me get gifts nearer to Christmas. There are sales near Christmas of many food items too, so it works out fine.:) Saving money and giving gifts, perfect!

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    That's a good suggestion. If the people will enjoy the food, it's always good to give food as gift. I think there are many food for different festivals, and others will really enjoy and want to buy those food as well. Yes, I think it would be better to get the food items when Christmas is near, so the expiry date might be longer? :)

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think it may be safer to shop this time of year- than if you get closer to the Christmas holiday season-because stores can be really tricky to get you to spend more that time of year. Some ways they do this, is to start getting quite emotional and they start speaking more to the heart-like decorating their store like a Christmas village and playing soothing music,to make you more generous with your spending habits . These things encourage you to shop longer and get you more into the buying mood,so you might end up with some extra items in your basket and lead to you overspending as well.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had been to the dry goods market yesterday to buy some gifts and what caught my fancy are the cheap shirts with collar that sells for $3 only. The material is quite okay although I cannot guarantee it. I bought 6 pieces and will be going back for more. Those shirts are for friends and relatives in the province. They would surely appreciate something they can wear especially when it is elegantly wrapped. I’m sure the prices of those shirts will jack up next month.

6. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    It haven't crossed my mind really but now that you mention it, keeps me thinking if I should do it now or maybe just later this coming month. I'm still busy contemplating what's the ideal gift I could give to my nephews and some relatives. For now, guess I'll have to work double time and come up with a good plan to maximize my earning.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, here celebration is not at that level, so nothing so far and our main festival Diwali just ended. But yes shopping for something from early days can save you money bit. I always noticed that prices shoots up near the festival time. So one can save money if they pre plan and buy all those things from early days. We do same thing for Diwali here.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't started my Christmas shopping just yet as I am only shopping for my daughter this year and I already know what I wll be getting her. This year I will only be spending the holidays with my husband and daughter so there Is really no big plans but to have a good time. I don't get my husband gifts si that saves me some time.

9. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    Not yet, but I started making a list of gifts to buy for Christmas, right now I'm thinking of buying personalized gifts like statement shirt for my older brother and my nephew, personalized makeup kit for my sister and an indoor plant for my mother, I'm also thinking of baking goodies for my close friends.

10. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    In my region, cost of items tend to shoot as we approach Christmas. I will purchase foods and drinks maybe a day to or during Christmas day since they are perishables. For other gifts for instance clothes, I started purchasing them last month to save money.

11. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    We have not yet started buying the gifts yet. But the moment online markets start their cashback and the coupons I think that would the time for the gifting and the purchases. You can see that 10 weeks is a lot of time. But some items may get out of the stock. So that's something we all have to watch out for. And based on that we have to plan the purchases. I guess we are going to see how that works out though.

12. Johnsnow

JohnsnowNew Member

Threads:
    to save money buy stuff now cause there will bebincrease in price during christmas period

13. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I have not started shopping for Christmas gifts, but have been saving towards it. Am planning on going for the shopping on the second week of November.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I actually started a long time ago, but then I have not really continued it much. I guess time is running a little short though, although there is always time to procratinate a bit more.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, because at least here in my country it's still too early for that (there are hardly any themed gift options). The things just start to heat up in the middle of next month. :D

16. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there are any benefits to purchasing gifts way before Christmas since the promos come nearing Christmas. The only time when Christmas themed products are at a 70% discount is after Christmas but do you really want to pack something for one year and let it get dusty?

17. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Not yet. Generally speaking, I don't start shopping for Christmas before Christmas sales begin. During the Christmas sales I will get good items for a bargain price. I not only receive heavy discounts, but also buy one get one free offers. I always look forward to Christmas sales when I am buying gifts or other necessities.

18. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. In fact, most of the department store in my place has huge sales every month of January, August, and October and I bought items on big sales and keep it as a gift to my friends and relatives on Christmas day. I do really hate rush shopping on or before Christmas day and I hate to fall in a long line on the counter. That's why I buy gifts in early months.

19. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    I think Christmas seems to be far away and I haven't even started thinking about it yet. For now I think on other issues that will make my Christmas enjoyable. I definately will start preparing for it earlier December because at that time there are many offers.

20. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I have this earmarked for sometime next week. It is a great idea to shop early for Christmas presents now. Not only presents but also stuff like Christmas decorations, food etc. Most shops have already started Pre-Christmas sales. Taking advantage of this, you will be able to buy more for less:).