HD Sunglasses

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by liquidfuzzy • Sep 17, 2012.

1. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    Okay, I have to know... have any of you tried the HD sunglasses, which apparently make everything you view through them look more "high definition"? Is that even possible, or are they just normal sunglasses?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Never heard of them, mind leaving a link to an example?

I don't really believe there's such a thing though, our eyes already have a pretty good resolution (lol) and unless you needed prescript glasses or contact lenses, your sight couldn't get any better than it already is.

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I've read mixed reviews about HD sunglasses, and I think these have got to do more with the quality and brand than anything else. Buy them in a store, after trying them on. You can never be sure about what might come in the post, if you purchase these online.

4. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Reminds me of those old "Blu Blockers" sunglasses commercials.

Seems to me like they're just oddly tinted sunglasses.

5. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think those glasses have real HD function. That sounds like a publicity tactic. Perhaps the special feature of these glasses is to block the sun's rays in a special way. However, recent advances in such technology, we can bring surprises. Perhaps the filters with which the glasses are made are of better quality, and block UV rays without taking off vision capability. I don't quite understand how it can work that special feature.

6. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I've been intrigued about these as well. I imagine clarity could be improved with the vision. Maybe just a bit sharper detail, sort of how you use a sharp filter when watching or encoding movie on the computer.

7. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I saw those HD sunglasses on TV, and I must say they look very interesting. I have considered buying them, but I would like to know if they're worth it, first.

8. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I have to admit the commercials are pretty comical, like the people place the sunglasses on their face and suddenly the earth comes to life it a magnificent way they had never experienced. I love those commercials! In stores they are boxed and sealed so you can't try them before buying them. That's probably a wise strategy.

9. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Well, first off the HD portion is pure marketing. High Definition has to do with the amount of pixles used to make up a TV image. What does that mean in the real world? These things simply use amber lenses which are the type of lenses skiers use to help them see better on muggy days. This is hardly new or cutting edge technology.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Does anybody have a link to their ads?

11. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    HD glasses are pretty much a scam. The words HD are high buzz words in marketing these days, and it's loose ended enough where a company who uses it won't be sued for false advertisement easily. The yellow tint might help you to distinguish between certain tints and whatnot, but you can easily buy yellow tint glasses for $5 or less as opposed to wasting money on $100 "HD glasses" which do the same thing.

12. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I saw an ad like this and thought the dudes just took some acid or something :)) I wouldn't buy HD sunglasses.
    In the best case scenario they are just regular sunglasses with a tint on them. In the worst, that tint can affect your vision on long term.

13. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    It looks too good to be true. Chances are, it is. Why would they sell such "high quality" sunglasses for $20?

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They do remind me of the "Blu Block" glasses. I have seen a few in the stores, not really that interesting. I think the night driving glasses would be of more use to me.

15. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Seriously? This is the first I have heard of HD sunglasses. They sound like a fake to me. I don't see how a $20 pair of sunglasses will make you see everything in high definition. If they do actually work, what kind of damage will they do to your eyes in the long term?

16. dgb1975

dgb1975New Member

Threads:
    They are just the tech savvy name for Blu Blockers. This color of lens does increase contrast and reduces eye fatigue. They block out the blue and ultraviolet light that reach your eyes. Do you need to buy some "HD" hyped up glasses? Nope, just pick your favorite sun glass maker and by them with an amber lens.