healthcare.gov -- nice idea

Discussion in Life & Health Insurance started by roy835 • Oct 28, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    I really like the idea of the Healthcare dot gov website. Considering the fact that many of those insurance companies were scamming people and still are in many ways. That website is a great idea for the American people. It may not be perfect but the idea of what it wants to ultimately achieve for the people is a great idea. I have always (for as long as I can recall) thought that many or most of those insurance companies out there were ripping people off, still doing too. They take your money and then when you have a problem and need for them to step up and help, they (in many cases) find some way to scam people out of what they owe them. I am not sure why some people oppose the Healthcare dot gov site but I think that it is a great idea for the people and they should keep it and just keep improving on it.

2. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    I haven't visited this site yet, but I have heard about it. I think I will check it out! thanks for posting this information.

3. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    The problem with the healthcare.gov site in a nutshell is you really do not get a clear idea on everything that is offered in a plan. You get the cost, and you get the highlights, but from that point on you have to do your homework and make sure that the coverage you need is there. Not only that you have to make sure that the doctors and facilitates in your area are there. Some states are very big so you have to check your county. Even then there is no guarantee that the people that work on you are part of that providers system. There are many bugs still, I think it will all work out in time.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I visited the site and I think that each plan has annual deductibles beginning at $1-2,000 minimum. One would basically be paying out of pocket for at least the first 10-20 visits before the insurance begins to pay, not to forget any labs, testing, or prescriptions. Even with that you would still be paying an additional 20 - 50 percent of the cost after the deductible has been met. The subsidy that is offered reduces the premium by 50% in most plans listed but the cost is still kind of high.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Nice idea, but turned out to be a mess. I registered with Healthcare.gov on the morning of Nov. 15, the first day of open enrollment. It took till January 7, after multiple phone calls, for my chosen insurance company to receive my information from Healthcare.gov. Somehow they were not forwarding it, even after the first 2 calls I made. I am not happy with them at all, but there's nothing I can do but put up with it.

6. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    So far I am not happy with the Affordable Care Act. It was a great idea in theory, but all I see now is more or less a mess of people either being held hostage by one program such as medicaid and making sure they stay poor to qualify for it or being taken for a ride by others. I know someone who is literally living a nightmare they have paid outragious premiums because at first they didn't qualify for Subsidies, and because they have existing health issues. Now they are dealing with a situation where they can't pay any longer but the insurance company has their information and could take the payment which they can't afford to give even though they have tried to cancel out. Moral of this story don't put anything on auto pay unless its economical and something needed like life insurance. Don't let some telemarketer strong arm you into doing it which is what happened here. I feel so bad for this individual and I can't believe what has happened here. For me the ACA is still a good idea but it needs to be fixed badly, to where these insurance companies are made to stop talking people for rides. Its ridiculous, its like now they are being given the right to do what they have been trying to do for years but couldn't get away with but now can. This needs to be fixed, not dropped like some want just fixed, so it works for American's not Insurance companies.