Healthy sayings

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Oct 14, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gotta love those tow Ripley, they are ancient and true, health is wealth indeed, we might be super rich, but with no health we have nothing. I do agree as well with the second and I try to live it, I laugh a lot most of the time and I am hopeful that is makes me healthier. Sure, we need doctors, but optimist as well. ;)

2. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think most of them have lots of truth in it and are formed by people who are quite wise. The saying like prevention is better than cure is very true in almost all cases.

3. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I believe there is some truth in the saying. Apples and other fruits are highly nutritious. Including fruits in your diet can help keep you healthy. It's important to have a healthy, whole foods based diet. Here are my favorite sayings:

Eat to live; not live to eat.

Let your food be your medicine.

Health is wealth.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That saying has been a big part of my life Serena, I mean, the one that says "Eat to live, not live to eat", because my dad was always obsessed by food, he loves to eat and to buy the best products, but I feel that it's a little too much and many times unhealthy.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like this too. I don't know how quickly or not everything is replaced with new cells, but I do know what we eat, literally become us. If you were to create the perfect human, you would obviously make HER (lol) organically. Not organic as in the sticker on a food they hike the price on for no good reason, but from nature as we truly are. You wouldn't grab a bunch of chips and burgers and wait for her to grow healthily from that slop. If she came together at all, she would quickly deteriorate.. just like we are now from this new, awful way of eating. You can't expect to stay healthy on fake foods.. even children are getting adult illnesses now and having heart attacks. That's got to mean something to everyone. It will catch up to you...

77aa2023831f75b4e7b0f6d1de900e1b.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That is a great image and saying Josie, the liver renews itself every month? I didn't knew that, but considering that after 35 years old our cells start dying faster than they are born, I guess that aging is explained... :)