Holiday Fireworks

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Lostvalleyguy • Jul 2, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Fireworks are a common thing for the holidays but they can be expensive and dangerous. Many towns and cities will put on one or more free fireworks displays. These shows are usually more spectacular than the ones we have at home and safer. Another way to save a bit on the cost id to pool your resources with your neighbours to create one larger show rather than several small individual shows.

Do you prefer to go all out on the fireworks yourself or do you take advantage of the fireworks displays that are free and open to everyone?

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    We have several places around to buy them, but no, we just see them whenever we can. We live out in the country and people are popping them all over the place, so we can get a free light show without going anywhere.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Our small town will put on a fireworks show for free. It is downtown, on the river. It is not bad, but it is not great either. I know that it is our tax money at work! When my son was little, we would go every other year or so. I don't like fighting the crowds for 3 hours just to watch a firework show that lasts 20 minutes or less. Now I prefer just to stay home.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here in the Philippines, people are free to buy and light fireworks as much as they want, but I know that certain fireworks are banned from being sold because they're too strong, but you can still get them at the underground market. The last time that we had lit up fireworks was when I was young, but now we couldn't care less about buying them. It's such a waste of money.

5. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    I love a good fireworks show, but there's just some switch that goes off in my brain when lighting a firework of my own and watching it soar into the sky and produce those vivid colors and satisfying sound. I guess it's kind of like cooking a meal for yourself; it always seems to taste that much better to you, but you can still enjoy going out to eat.

6. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Here in Kansas City, we have plenty of firework display places to watch live, but you can also pop your own in various places in town legally. It really come down to who the person is and what they prefer. I personally prefer to watch them, because I don't enjoy watching my money go up in smoke.