Home made goodies for gifts

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by DancingLady • Oct 4, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I am on an extremely tight budget this year, and one way I plan save money while still making my friends feel special is buy baking goodies for them at home instead of purchasing gifts. A single large pan of treats can make several unique and thoughtful gifts for just a few dollars. Since I am gluten free and use only fruit or honey as a sweetener, I plan to share what I have learned about how to make something that tastes good using only healthy ingredients by giving them something I have made along with a recipe card and a little something about how I came up with it.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Homemade gifts can be lovely and are generally well-received. I like giving and getting them. I feel special when someone spent time making something for me. You can dress the package up with some spare ribbon or fabric too.

You're also giving the gift of healthier eating, so bravo for that. Now that's a gift that truly shows how much you care.

3. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love homemade gifts and I've noticed my family seems to like them quite a bit. When I've given homemade gifts, I've always crocheted them something, rather it be a hat or a full sized blanket.

4. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    Every year I say I want to do homemade giftsbut never actually get around to doing it. I hope this year I can actually manage something. And that sounds like a great idea. I love home baked goods and I'm sure most people do as well.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My grandmother used to make candles to be given as gifts to her friends. They really look good, and not only that, she's also able to make them personalized which makes them really good gifts and unique. No one will find anything like them, so they are really worth to treasure. It's just that some of the recipients commented that they are so good and so unique that one will be shy from using them. So they rather just display them, instead that they use them.

6. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a new mommy and my family is working on a single income. Money is tight -- I am a crafty person so I will probably be making handmade decorations of some sort and including home-made baked goods and candies with them. It's the thought that counts. Doing this allows me to purchase a few nice presents for my family while still acknowledging all the other people we care about. These kinds of gifts are also great to have on hand in case you receive an unexpected gift from someone you weren't prepared for.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Home-made gifts not only save the giver cash but are great because the recipient(s) attach sentimental value to the gift which makes them even more valuable than store-bought gifts. Most of those who receive such gifts tend to value them more because they know someone loved them enough to spend their time making a gift for them. I'd prefer receiving a home-made gift anytime.