Homeschooling Tutor recomendations

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by H.C. Heartland • Oct 17, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who home schools her kids and at times she looks for tutors to help them with subjects they aren't excelling in. Do you have any suggestions for tutoring? I recently saw a Groupon for a Learning Center. Has anyone every gone to a Learning Center before? Another friend actually has found a new avenue of 'Home Schooling' that is actually linked to a High School. The students can connect to the internet and if they choose to go into the class for the day for help they can. If not, (for example, daily travel may not be possible because of living a distance away), then they can connect over the internet. I was thinking this might be a great option for some who live in dangerous areas and worry about their children going to school. What do you think?

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    The object of homeschooling is for the parents to be directly involved in the education of their children. It is understandable that parents may not be able to help the child excel in all subjects. It is for this reason that websites specializing on single subjects were made. In chemistry for example, there is a website called Periodic TV, for Math there is Khan Academy. For languages, there are also a wide selection of websites that will suit the student's needs.

That high school program your friend found is a good or probably even better alternative than sending the kids to a tutorial center.

3. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Two Places tom Browse for Homework Help

I can recommend searching at

. The site is designed to help students with their study. They get to post their questions on the Homework Help section and receive answers from teachers and tutors that have been screened by eNotes. There is a small selection of Study Tools for children to browse, if they need help on certain areas. Searching is done based on All Subject or a select subject. It's pretty flexible.

Perhaps you can also check out

. The idea is to help students find instructors nearby. Parents can discuss with their children what sort of help they would need and make a specific request to Learnivore. I haven't tried finding an instructor or students, but I've browsed the website and it is pretty easy to navigate. It covers quite an extensive list of subjects for students to choose from.