How do you cut your phone bills?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Denis Hard • Apr 30, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There could be a million ways to cut on phone bills so please feel free to share.

Since I can easily find my friends online [the few of them that I have, that is] I talk to them on Skype and as I always pay for unlimited internet it does save me a lot of money because I can talk for as long as I please without worrying about spending more cash on the phone.

Any other ways to save money if you frequently use your phone?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Some plans have a "top 5" or "top 3" friends or family members that you can call for free or that don't take away from your limited minutes. Actually use these!

Even if you don't think you call friends or family all that often, think about other places you might call. For example, I end up calling GoDaddy regularly for my work and because I end up stuck on hold, waiting for a rep, that can take up more time than I realized! It made a difference when I moved them to my 'top 3'.

3. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    Recently I called Telus about my telephone, it is a land line. I asked them if there was a cheaper deal. I was paying 30 dollars per month with a bundle. They put me through to the loyalty department. The Loyalty Dept. said because I have been with them since 2009 I could get a land line for just $10 per month. It would come with any features I wanted. So I took 4 features. All for ten bucks. And it just kicked in at $10 per month. Telus said this is ongoing forever. You cannot go wrong with that price. So if you are with Telus and have been for a while, call the Loyalty Dept. and ask for the loyalty land line deal.

4. Gloryontheway

GloryonthewayNew Member

Threads:
    I am excited about how I have cut my phone bill. I now only use the Straight Talk plan from Walmart cell phone service. I only pay $45.00 per month for unlimited talk, unlimited text, and internet service and free 411. This is the best plan around. You can talk to anyone in the United States for as long as you wish. They also have a $15.00 unlimited talk time for land line.

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I usually receive free minutes whenever I recharged my phone and the provider will let me use the free minutes first before the credit. All my family are doing the same too so we only pay for one time recharge.

My home phone too has a 100 minute free that resets every beginning of the month and I can use it to call any number that are registered within the country.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is this app for your phone and pc called "Viber" and it lets you call and text anyone in the world for free as long as you're connected to the internet. I know that in Skype you still have to pay right? This one is totally free, and my dad uses it on his phone to talk to his relatives abroad, so you might want to check it out.