How Do You Feel About Body Art?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by hayrake • Jan 3, 2015.

1. MichelleTheConsumer

MichelleTheConsumerMember

Threads:
    I feel compelled to mention that when I was 19, I got a professional tattoo on my right outer thigh. It was a gorgeous and detailed ram, because I am Aries. I was so proud of it, and since I weighed 104 pounds at the time, I had no trouble showing it off.

Well, suffice it to say some time has passed. Richard Nixon was President then, and I was young and cute, and I could wear clothes from the children's section of pretty much any store.

A few seemingly disjointed, but all relevant thoughts:

* I have also gained and lost and gained and lost and gained and lost weight many times over.

* Are you aware that as one ages, skin loses its elasticity? I wasn't when I was 20; I became WELL aware of it by 40.

* Gravity is a law that screams to be repealed.

* The inks they used in the 1970s was anything but stable.

I stopped letting people see that tattoo when questions like, "Is that an owl?" and "Was that your first dog?" became the norm.

Moral of the story: Think carefully, research gravity, and consider talking to a senior citizen.

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    LOL. I do have tattoos and piercings. All of the tattoos are in places that no one will see unless I'm most of the way naked except the one on the top of my foot. I used to take great joy in showing them off but not so much anymore. The one on the top of my foot though still looks as good as ever after a decade. Good thing too because that one was definitely the most uncomfortable to have done.

3. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Or take a look at this picture:
    old dayak with tattoo.
    I haven't really figured out what I am seeing in the picture.

4. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I can't figure it out, either. I see no eyes, the nose is minimal and...is that a mouth?

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would be a pretty strategic move for homeless people to get tats, I think lol. Like, if it makes them seem more bad-ass and menacing, and stops bullies passing by from attacking or beating them up simply because they are vulnerable, then I am all for it!!! Yeah, you are right about the poor people. But even with them, who are often considered low lives just for their social status alone, it often speaks of their characters!!! Hahahaha!!! If this annoyance is affecting your day to day life, then yes you need to work on it, as well as becoming one of us. A human being :p

OMG, there are other forms of tattoos besides the regular ones and the watercolor ones??? You and I are typical Libras in our indecisiveness when it comes to getting our tats lol. You draw??? :O If you feel that there is something screwy about certain people's intentions behind getting a tat, then you are perfectly within your right, JosieP :) I don't like fad mentality because it reminds me that people will just follow any and everything, and that that is one of our main problems as far as the state that our society is in ;)

6. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Tattoos are a hotly debated topic, although I think it is entirely up to the individual to decide what they draw on their body. That being said though, having body art will affect the opinions other people have for you. Some people, especially employers in industries where customer interaction is paramount, will not look favorably upon an individual who has tattoos on exposed body parts. This is understandable as having exposed tattoos may decrease the professionalism of the company. In general, people who have a small tattoo done on a body part that is easily hidden from view will not be negatively effected in seeking employment, so it is their personal choice. It becomes out of hand when you see the people who are covered in body art as this has many different stereotypes surrounding it, some which are not positive.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You said poor, not homeless! lmao! And I'm not talking blanket poor, I'm talking about a certain type. Oh well. I think you narrowed it down for me though. It's not the just because tattoos I have a problem with, it's the fad mentality itself. And I can see it from a million miles away. I could see two tattoos, exactly the same, on two different people and love it on one and not the other, because one very obviously did it to follow the crowd or appear a certain way to people.................... or something

And I will NOT become human. I'm starting a new crew lol..

#27Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I have nothing against person who has extreme body art and multiple piercings. Maybe for them it is a form of self-expression. But personally, I wouldn't do it on my own self. For one, I can't tolerate the pain. I appreciate painting when it's done on canvas and not on body. I think that when it comes to job, they have lesser chance of being hired compared to those people who do not have paints on their body.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:

Poor people and homeless people are one and the same in my book, lmaoo!!! I love your explanation, because I feel that it is spot on - that it is not the actual tattoo that is the issue for you. But the intention behind why the person got the tattoo!!! When you ask people about their tats, and about what they mean to them, and about why they got them, they will usually leak the genuine intention behind it for you to see, even if their words are not a match to it.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Obviously they're one in the same! lmao.. you're talking to someone that thinks in greys and usually before she's finished her first coffee. Homeless is one group and not the group I was referring to when it comes to tattoos. I was referring to the type that get tattoos instead of feeding their children or paying the bills. Tattoos are such a massive thing right now, it's ruining it all for me. Just like the whole bacon thing ruined beautiful bacon for me before I quit bacon! lol. People ruin things for me very quickly.. I should quit the internet lol..

11. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Body painting will forever be awesome in my opinion! It's expressing man-made art by using the human body as a 3-D canvas to project a desired image. Personally, I rather see more body painting than all these people getting permanent tattoos, because I'm going to die of laughter in my old age watching how silly the latter group of people's tattooed bodies will look like! I don't dislike tattoos, I simply disagree with most people's choice of tattoos. However, I too want to get body painted one day, maybe as a super-hero of sorts.