How Do You Identify Your Pet At Home?

Discussion in Pets started by lucykey • Nov 13, 2017.

1. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    Pets are the domestic animals that we live with in our compound. And have always wondered how we can identify then because we are attached to them. Will you name them so that you are able to call them by those names or by which mean will you use to identify them?

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure I understand the question. Every dog or cat I have owned has had a name and they have become part of the family. Dogs respond to their names so I can't imagine having a pet and then not naming it.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That's right to properly identify your pets if you have many you have to give them names, a unique one is better.

Or you have to identify some particular parts of the body of your pets which could make them different from others like the color of their eyes, the size of their ears, the sounds they produce, or whatever.

In doing so, you could easily identify them. Do these answers satisfied your question?

4. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    We have never named pets at my home. When we have domestic animals, we always lock them in for few days before we let them out. We feed our domestic animals and let them get used to the environment so they can learn to come back home in the evening after we let them out. I f it is chickens, tying them with a small thread on the drumstick so it easy to identify especially when our neighbors have chickens too.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:

@mildredtabitha@mildredtabitha I honestly didn't realise that in some countries people don't name their pets. Even when we visit the vet they will ask for our pet's name. It's just something we do in the UK. My partner's sister keeps sheep and even they are named so I guess it's as natural over here as naming our children.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I was thinking back and it is probably rarely by the actual name, and more just whistles and random "hey" or things like that. When they are in trouble though, just like kids, you get the whole name.

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I think all pet owners name their pets and pets do respond. We have had several pets and they all responded to their name when we call them. They also take orders such as sit, eat, stand and so on.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think you could call your animals something besides dog or cat - like Ray or you could call him J or you could call them Ray Jay, but you don't have to call them dog or cat(haha)! This reminds me of the comedian back in the late 70s called Ray J. Johnson Jr.-anybody remember him in a lot of commercials?

#8Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017