How do you know if you snore without anybody telling you?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 8, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if I am snoring. I am sleeping alone in my room and I am just too shy to have someone to actually say it to me. So I have to know it myself. I am thinking of taking a video of myself while I am asleep for five days or at least during the days I am most tired, because those are the times snoring is likely to occur.

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a phone that allows you to download apps? There are apps that monitor your sleep and will soon tell you whether you snore or not. My sister has one and loves it, it not only pick up if she or her boyfriend snores, but it also detects any noise during the night!

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never tried to find out if I snore, I just go by what people tell me... everybody told me I don't snore. Which is great! However if you're curious you can always download an app, there are several ones that will record you while you are sleeping and give you a report regarding your sleep quality based on your breathing, snoring and stuff like that. I find that too gimmicky and I'm not sure how accurate the app would really be, but one of my friends tried it on her husband and she said it was pretty good. It is a paid app that she used.

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I do not think that you can know unless someone tells you. But you can record your nights and have a playback. I have never been told that I snore so I am not so sure. But as said these days there are so many recording apps that can help you out.

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I never knew I snore silently until my husband told me a few years ago and it was kind of weird to hear it for the first time because there was never a way for me to know whether I snored in the night or not :D Recording yourself while sleeping in the night is a good idea to find out, just make sure your phone has enough battery before you go to sleep :D

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that downloading those apps that were mentioned can help you find out if you indeed snore. But I would go for just recording yourself while sleeping, so that you can see the evidence yourself. There are spy cams that can be bought at very cheap prices on Ebay, you might want to check them out.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    You can just always record your whole sleep and listen if you snored or not. But yeah there are a lot of apps out there than can help you monitor your sleep and most of them are free so you can just install one in your phone.