How do you like your vehicle cleaned?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by MrsJones • Dec 7, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    How do you like to clean your vehicle? Do you hand wash it yourself or do you take to a detailing shop? Maybe you like to automated drive through that are at some service stations. Maybe there is a school or a sports team that is having a fund raiser and you feel like supporting their cause.

2. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I try to save money and clean my vehicle myself.I have a small handheld vacuum, I have floor mats, and I keep my car clean to an extent so that I don't have a lot of cleaning to do when the time comes, I ensure that if I'm eating in the car, that I spill nothing or that nothing drops from me in my car, I also ensure that I wipe away any dirt that I see in my car immediately, so, these little things that I do every now and again save me time when the big cleaning is to take place.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer to wash it myself to be honest. Not that I don't trust car wash shops but I just like the activity. It gives me some time to meditate and also it's just fun for me to wash the car anyway. I feel some fulfillment when I start to get into polishing and the car starts to look very shiny. If I'm lazy or busy, though, I'll just go to a car wash instead.

4. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I dislike cleaning the interior of my car because as soon as it was done, my children came in with their muddy soccer cleats and we were right back to square one. Washing the car is fun and I don't mind that part much. Our city has a limit on water usage, so I just go to drive through car wash.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hand wash my car, I don't like spending the money on cleaning the car. I am not one of those people that take their car to the wash every week, I feel $15 a week to clean a car is way too much money.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I like having it cleaned professionally. The time it takes to really get it as clean as I want is not worth it, but is TOTALLY worth the $10 I pay someone else to do it in half the time it takes me.

I think keeping the car clean, no matter how it is done, is one of those things that pays you back in the end. When you take care of your car (interior and exterior) the resale value is usually higher.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't care if my vehicle is a little messy on the outside, though i do prefer to keep the inside spotless. I handle all of the work myself only because I'm too lazy to take it to the detailing shop and then pay them. It's hard to beat the results of a detailing shop, even though you might pay $40 for a full interior and exterior wash.

8. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I take it to the car wash before big occasions, because I just cannot wax it myself to the same quality as a car wash can. Often I simply used a sponge and bucket though to get dust and dirt off.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I don't clean my car all that often. I simply vacuum it every couple of weeks and let the rain do the rest. If my car gets too dusty, I will wash it with water and soap and later hose it down thoroughly.

10. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I usually take it to the detail shop a couple of times for the year. I normally wash my vehicle myself but due to the fact that i do not have certain equipment and solutions there are some things I cannot do myself.