How Do You Maintain Your Touchscreen?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by remnant • Oct 26, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    One of the biggest challenges facing the owner of a phone with a touchscreen is the clear and present danger of the phone falling to the ground or banging against a hard surface inevitably breaking it at worst. Not to mention the development of ugly scratches as well as loss of functionality with regard to sensitive touchscreens. Is it wise to buy a spare one? How do you maintain yours especially with regard to removal of scratches?

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, smartphone screens are really fragile but I was able to save my 5 year old smartphone from getting damaged even if I tend to drop it at times. What I normally do when I keep the phone in my locker is I always turn the camera upside down when I put on the case or bumper so the only exposed part is the back cover. Whenever I carry the phone around, I use a finger ring. Putting on a flexible screen protector is good as well because it minimizes tension on the screen most specially if you bang, bump, or drop the phone.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I really cannot say that I do all that much, but I really do make an effort to not drop the thing or have it come into contact with anything sharp or with an edge. I have lost so many and gotten so many cracks just from making that one stupid mistake, and I think I am getting better.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I use screen guard and a mobile cover/case that has edges slightly larger than the mobile frame so that even if the cell drops, the case basically touches the ground, the screen never touches.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using my handy phone for several years now and it is a touch-screen one. When I first bought it, I put a screen protector and then a rubberized case. Whatever fall it may experience, it won't be affected. It was fully protected and I am assured with the peace of mind of not getting my phone be broken, damaged or whatever. It is safe with screen protector and a case made of a plastic or rubber.

6. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    I have purchased a number of smartphones and each ends up with a broken screen.I think its advisable to invest heavily in a good-quality screenguard and cover for one's phone.My current device's screen broke as a result of low quality screen guard.It made my soft buttons insensitive and before I could purchase a better one my screen broke.

It would be prudent to purchase a good screen guard and a phone cover and save on costs of replacing the screen.

7. SheleyJ

SheleyJNew Member

Threads:
    I don't know much about that. But one thing I did is to set another glass paper up my original screen. This helps to broke down the original screen.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Basically, I use a protective case and a glass film at the same time. :D

Until today I never had any single problem... With any of my smartphones over the years. It's a great - and extremely useful - pair to preserve the "touchscreen" mode. :cool:

9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Regardless of how hard you try to protect the touchscreen of your device, be it a phone, tablet or even convertible 2 1 laptop, there are always a few things or incidents that can damage it, but there are actions to take in order to prevent this like protective glass and a case.

10. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    Sometimes back I brought my Smartphone screen-glass cover which was so expensive -just to keep the original screen safe. I went further to buy it a cool art-cover. I also avoid touching the screen with wet fingers. I'm sure they're other pre-cautions one can do to keep safe/maintain a touchscreen -it's all for the good of the user. I enjoy seeing my touchscreen clean and visibly clear!

11. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I try to take extra care when handling my touchscreen as I'm not planning to get a new one anytime soon. Though you can never be too careful, I purchased a screen protector just in case of a fall or scratch. The damage would be on the protector and I can easily get a new one.

12. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I do make use of screen guard initially but recently a glass screen cover was produced and it's very good and prefect in protecting my phone screen especially from scratches that comes from constant touching and pressing of the phone screen.

The glass screen cover do brake when it falls hard on the floor but if completely prevents the direct impact on the original phone screen. The glass screen is removable, once it's old, it can be changed.

13. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have recently placed the tempered glass to the touchscreen.And that has helped me with the saving of screen. Also having a good case into which you can keep the device is helpful. This way your screen and the overall body can be protected. It may not be easy but it's something you should work with. And this way you can maintain your touchscreen. That's what I have learned.