How do you plan on saving money in 2014?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by True2marie • Dec 30, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    How do you plan on saving money in 2014?

For me, I want to improve on my coupon clipping method (using online/paper). I also want to get more organized when I shop and stick to whatever list I take with me. It's so easy to Veer off when you see something that catches your eye.

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'll be cutting out on unnecessary expenses like eat out less and bring my own food to work. I'll also be switching to cheaper products for everyday use. No more snacks for me, only buy food necessary for my survival. I'll do this for a couple of months to see how it goes, after that I might also switch to a cheaper plan for my phone.

3. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I am thinking of the same thing! Looking for way to cut my budget this year! Especially for needless things! I am in the process of quitting smoking so that will immediately help my budget and most importantly my health! I think our main budget issue is eating out more than we should! How much is normal?

4. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    1. Eating out less and making my own meals at home, healthier too!
    2. Having shorter, colder showers, better for the environment too!
    3. No more wasteful spending, if my product still works then I won't upgrade!

5. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I plan on saving more in 2014 by cutting out excess spending. I can usually do this by asking myself in the moment, "Do I really NEED this or do I just want it?" If it's not a need then I won't buy it right that moment. If it is a want, then I will give myself about a few days to a week to decide if it is worth purchasing. I'll wait to buy a new phone, laptop, PC, tablet, and any other electronics for now also. Those are usually things I spend the most on throughout the year.

6. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    To save money in 2014, I have decided to focus on a few key things. One of my favorite things to do, is go out to dinner. I love eating out! However, this is incredibly costly because it really adds up! I am going to try to cook more meals at home and pack my lunch as well as my husband's lunch for work. When we do treat ourselves to a meal out, I will try to find a coupon for the resturaunt we choose to go to. Perhaps sign up for different resturaunts e-mail clubs for possible discounts and savings? I also plan to take advantage of the Christmas gift cards I got.
    Another thing I have decided to do is cut out cable. I love my secret obsession with real housewives shows, but I have decided to cut out cable to save money. I am going to keep my Neflix for entertainment. Aside from saving money, I am hoping to use my time more wisely. Instead of spending time in front of the TV, I plan to do more physical activities. I have also given up my pricey gym membership. I plan to do my workouts from home. There are a lot of great ways to excercise at home.
    Eating out less, no cable, and no pricey gym memberships are my goals for 2014.

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I would saving at least 50% of what I earn, then the other half I would use to pay bills, rent, and gas. I try to limit myself of buying unnecessary items because I used to be a big spender, which I would spend on a lot of things that I don't need. I would write down a list of things that I really need and see whether or not I have the budget to buy them. In other words, I try to save as much as money by not eating out too often or buying books too much.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I travel a lot. This year maybe, if I'm able to keep my resolutions, I'll travel less, spend more time with my family and in the process, save $$$$. It's tough though when one is a travel addict.

9. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to work on my budgeting. I am good at saving money for the big things, but i generally find that the little things suffer because of that. So this year i am going to make the budget my best friend and make sure that i keep to it. I think that will be really nice and detrimental to my finance and its possibilities of growing.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well this year I'd be totally scrimping on buying things that I don't need, and I will also reduce my fast food consumption.

11. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I don't. I plan on earning more. lately I have been really stepping up my efforts in regards to earning money online. I will use that money for leisure activities, and purchasing things online. while using the money from my job to cover my bills. I have been doing pretty good lately. It's a lot of work, but it is worth it.

12. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Earn more and spend less. I have so many games that I played for less than hour or did not like. I need to hold off buying things especially during sales. When I earn money it is tempting spend because I think there will be nothing for me in the future.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I plan to save money simply by watching what I'm buying and make (semi) conscious shopping decisions. I find that many purchases I make are unnecessary or could be something more affordable instead. This year so far I have been excellent in not spending a lot on items I usually spend a lot of unnecessary money in, such as clothing and makeup items. However, I got a dog this year, so I have been spending a lot in pet care stuff.

14. tony

tonyNew Member

Threads:
    I started this since January i decide to cut down my budget very low and save 30% of my monthly income, so far it's working for me

15. Batiatus

BatiatusMember

Threads:
    I won't buy unnecessary things like I did last year. I will not visit the local pub that often and I will try to walk instead of using my car for shorter destinations.

16. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    Coupons, coupons, coupons. I will be living on my own for the first time and I will try my best to spend the least amount possible on food, cleaning supplies, and beauty products.

17. 29525500

29525500Member

Threads:
    So far it seems like I will be saving money by making less money.