How Do You Spend Your Holidays?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by lucykey • Oct 16, 2017.

1. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    Holidays are the best days in our lives. During this time we are able to spend healthy time with our family members, visit our friends. During my holiday days I organize trips for my family where we go visiting places like museums, parks and even the coast where we enjoy the breeze of the ocean. Also when I have a short holiday duration I spend it by traveling to my rural home to great my grandparents. This creates fresh memories in my mind after my holidays. Also my children enjoy a lot during this time.

How do you spend your holiday and what value does it add to your life?

2. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I don't treat holidays that special than the rest of the regular days but I make sure to spend it productively as well as leisurely with my family and some really close friends of mine. Holidays come rarely and so if you just let it passed by without having some fantastic time with your family, you really will feel sad especially when you are no longer capable of doing so. I spend it by having some vacation trips to some famous places here and also by watching movies together. Going to carnivals and popular leisure parks is also one.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    For the holidays I try to spend the entire day with my family just having a good time. We eat all of our favorite things and laugh at the jokes my dad says. This year I won't have them with me as they left to another state but I am blessed to have my daughter to spend them with. My husband won't be working so I will be having a great time with my little family.

#3Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    More and more it seems to be just the immediate family, which is fine. I am not a big fan of the large gatherings, although it is nice not having to prepare anything if someone else does all the work, but that is rare.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    For me and my siblings, the holidays have become more an occasion for our children. I appreciate the longer rest period from work, but the holidays are no longer as magical as they used to be when I still had my parents and grandparents. It will never be the same without them. Now we're left to our own devices and have to make plans for our own family. For the past couple years, I've been focusing on paying forward and making the holidays fun for my son, nephews, and nieces. The children and I also try to make Christmas a lot more fun for children in a small school run by nuns in our city.