How early have you gotten in line on Black Friday?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Dude • Mar 30, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do the internet version of Black Friday, so I get the online Black Friday deals on Amazon.com. I don't want to be pushed or trampled to get a deal on electronics.

2. koelha10

koelha10Member

Threads:
    I have gone about an hour before Best Buy was going to be open so around 4 AM, which was pointless really since the line was already wrapped completely around the building. Apparently people have been waiting in line since the afternoon before. I think the deals are not really worth that kind of commitment since the online-only retailers tend to match the store door-busters product's prices for that day at least.

3. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    To be completely honest, I have never gone early to any black friday event and still always ended up getting what I was going there for. I might be lucky, but most of the time I'm going there for toys, not for the big electronics. If I ever want any of the electronics, then I send my husband to do it because I have heard so many bad stories about those areas of the store. At a store that I used to work at, an employee got punched in the face because someone just had to get a DVD or Blu ray player on sale. I find it ridiculous how uncivilized people become on black friday. I hope this year was as decent as last year. Last year everyone here was very well behaved and civilized. They even waited patiently in line for the items they wanted. It was a nice change.

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I've never done the black Friday event and don't ever plan on doing it. I hate standing in live period, I for sure will not stand in line for no 3 hours just to get into the stores for black friday. It gets too crazy and more line waiting inside, no,no,no. A lot of times people end buying stuff they didn't even want. Just grabbing stuff before somebody else grabs it. Too crazy for me and in my opinion, to answer you're question, no it is not worth it!

5. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    Havent really done anything too crazy for Black Friday, best ive done was waiting outside Wal Mart for 30 minutes at around Midnight to get a flat screen. It was pretty crazy though everybody was rushing when the doors opened.

6. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    When I used to do Black Friday at the stores I used to get up as early as 3:30 a.m., now I simply stay home and warm with coco gladly and do black Friday online. I love not dealing with the lines, the crowds and fussy greedy people.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is a shame we don't have Black Friday in the UK. The Black Friday phenomenon is starting to grow, though. I think Amazon will be doing special promotions for UK members on Black Friday. More companies are starting to do it now, hopefully that will continue.

8. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Now that I might do the internet version of Black Friday, I can see going about this way and not have to be standing in a no line for two to three hours and still not get what I want in the store, I didn't know you could do it online, thanks for that information, I think I might just try that!

9. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Last year we went to Walmart and we left at 8pm and stood in line until 1am. I literally left my mom because I was so tired of standing.

10. Carolinacustom

CarolinacustomNew Member

Threads:
    Three years ago my husband and I were in line at Best Buy at 2 am! We thought we would be the first ones but there were a ton of people already in line and some who brought tents and sleeping bags. It was a horrible experience because there was a rush as soon as the doors opened and we were pushed to the back of the line because we weren't willing to be aggressive. That was the last year my husband went Black Friday shopping with me. He still brings it up:eek: