How far would you go for money?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Dora M • Apr 3, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read some blog on the internet where they were talking about how to make some quick money. There were some suggestions such as donating blood plasma and bone marrow, and participating in medical drug trials. Personally I would never do any of those things. I'd rather busk all day in the street, being a living statue or sing until I get a few dollars, or until somebody pays me to stop. :)
    How about you?

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    It will depend on the method that am using to get the money. I would go as far as possible provided that the method is legit. I think so long as you are doing something that is legit there is no need to feel guilty. The problems comes in when you have some side business that is not legit.

3. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely not donate anything for a quick buck. Nor would I be anybody's guinea pig, I just think if I took part in a trial and was left with some long term side effect, defect or damage to my health or body in some way that could not be fixed. It would never be worth the money that I had gained from doing it.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I think the most extreme thing I would do for money is to donate some blood or whatnot. But also depends on the price, I mean, morality aside, I would sell myself for a high price, I mean I'm not gonna do it, not in a million years, but if they offer some generous cash then I might. But I heard a friend of mine's story that he had encountered a prostitute that would entertain him for a night for only $1, I can't imagine how that went.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are places in the world where I heard you could sell an organ. I wouldn't mind selling a kidney if I found myself in really bad straits.

As I live in the country and I own a number of bulls
    Since it's legit business to sell bull, pig, etc semen, I could also give that a shot. It's just I don't know the process of extraction.

6. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    Well thats a good question. My first reaction was no, but than I thought about it. I'm a 21 year old college student so my parents still take care of me. I do not have any children and I've never been so desperate for cash that I have considered doing things like that. I mean I'm not rich or anything parents just meet the basic needs. I've only ever been desperate for a skirt I couldn't afford :p Ive thankfully never been in a dire situation so I can't answer that question. not sure :/

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I would do nothing that would harm myself, family members or friends.
    Other than that, I think I'd be OK with a lot of things, as long as the compensation was adequate.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't do anything like that. Donating plasma is very risky. The body only gets so much of it so you could get sick so easily. Bone marrow would probably be just as bad. I agree. I wouldn't do anything that would harm myself or people that I care about.

9. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I dont think I could even give blood, I am so fainting when it comes to needles. Unless it for something serious I dont think I could do anything for money.

10. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    As long as I'm not harming myself or anyone else, I don't think I would be against it to be honest. Although there's probably some things that don't fall into that category that I still wouldn't do, I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

11. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    I wouldn't subject myself to any medical tests, or anything involving things going in and/or out of my body permanently. The furtherest I'd go would be doing something relatively vanilla in the realm of online "adult" entertainment. Of course, I'm getting married in a few weeks, and I don't think my bride-to-be would really like it if I did anything like that! Short of that, though, I don't think I'd do anything too left of center for an additional dollar. If I ever need a few bucks here and there, I can always just do a few tasks on Amazon's Mechanical Turk website.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I also will not sell my organs for the money. I am earning money to have a life. So selling my life for money is pointless. Personally, I will not go that far to the extent of sacrificing the things I love, my ambitions, passions and my morals.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How far would I go for money? I have thought of selling blood once during my late teens, my friend and I were ready to do it. It turned out that females weren't allowed to sell blood, only males, so our plan didn't push through.

14. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I would work on anything legit for money but I would not sell anything from my body, especially organs which I need for my own body. Though I'm not rich and I don't have so much money at the moment but I'm grateful because I only really need things I need and which I can already afford them.

15. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't do anything like a trial study, donate plasma, blood etc. I wouldn't do anything that involves putting something into me or taking something out. I prefer to make money by getting paid for my work product, not judging just saying...