How fast do you eat?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Jun 26, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Whoever did that study clearly didn't meet my coworker, we usually go eat lunch together, and he will routinely be already eating his dessert while I'm still finishing my soup!
    His bad though, he's the one that has to wait until I'm finished eating :)

2. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    I eat very slowly, always have, and I think that's part of why I'm so slim. Eating slowly gives your body time to recognize that it is full, and thus you do not over eat.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I eat very fast and although I know it's not the best way, I just can't enjoy my food if I ate any slower. There are times when I don't feel much like eating, so on these occasions, I do eat a bit slower and I've noticed that it makes me feel less bloated in the stomach when I do this. Fortunately, I've not had much other problems beside this when I eat fast, but I suppose I'll have to train myself to prepare for when I get older and my body might not be as efficient as it is now.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So that's another thing, even when we eat fast we are not too clear about the harm that makes us, and the opposite is also true, I mean, we can eat slower, but what good does that do us as well? So I think that mainly we need to create awareness of the benefits of eating slower vs eating faster, once this awareness is created more people will start doing it.

5. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I eat at a medium pace. It really depends on my mood and how hungry I am. Sometimes, I have something I want to do, so I eat faster. I absolutely hate it when my food gets cold, so when I do eat slow I have to warm it back up a few times. I do know I need to eat more slowly. I think when I eat fast my tummy hurts and feels weird afterwards. My husband eats like a lion, and doesn't gain any weight. That might be why my eating habits have gotten faster. I used to eat very slow and was a skinny minny... Then I had children and it all went downhill from there. haha

6. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I know what you mean, when I am super hungry I eat like a lion too lol, but unfortunately I do pick up some weight, nothing too much, but I wish I had less 5 or 10kg. Our metabolism does play an important role, that is why we feel it's so subjective, some people eat really slow and chew well and have health issues while others eat as they want and have a perfect health.