How I Get Rid Of Ants In My House

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Beast_Titan • Nov 3, 2017.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Borax is a very cheap material that you can buy in hardware stores. This powder is safe for humans because it is even used as an ingredients for slime which is a popular toys for kids.

If you mix Borax with either honey m maple syrup or a home made sugar syrup and place it to the places close to ants, Ants will take it home as food. They will even feed it to their queen. Once the ants ate the sweetened borax powder, the ants will die. Your house will be ants free!

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    My mother uses a mixture made up of water, lemon and olive oil, and it really works, because every time the ants show up, they don't take long to leave.

It's something super easy to be done. :D

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is too pricey for me to be wasted on killing ants. I will stick my with Borax with sweetener. It kills the population 100 percent. 100 percent annihilation of ants in my house is better than them leaving then comeback later. The borax method kills the queen.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    The Broax recipe is new for me and it seems very easy to make and very useful as well. I used to press salt on the floor and the ants went away from my house, but now I may use your recipe.
    Thanks for sharing!

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! I haven't heard of Borax before. I'm also having this problem recently and it happens mostly during the rainy season. I will definitely try this one and I hope it will work out fine :) But before I learned about this, I was using salt and water to prevent ants from going into places where our food is and luckily it works :)

6. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried this before, what I have tried is putting salt on wherever the ants are. the most extreme thing I did was burning hard plastic and dripping it all over where the ants are and they burned. The only reason why I did that was because they were too many.

7. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for this useful information and for sharing the link. I will definitely look for borax in my town and I am glad it is safe for humans. We are always careful not to spill sugary items or liquids at home to prevent ants from coming.

At my rural home, we used to chase away ants with fire. I used to see my father light fire near the home for ants. Just above the ground and there won't be ants for days or even weeks.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Thankfully ants is the one problem that I have not really had all that big a problem with, although I have had to assist others. There are some good products out there and those traps seem to work, but at a certain point a problem might require some professionals.

9. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I stopped hiring professionals when I experienced using sweetened borax. I remember you said what your country is. With the help of google translate, I found out Borax is called Tawas on your country. Other people calls it Alum in other English speaking countries.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of this mixture to kill ants. I will try it for I live on the first floor apt. and it is a bit of a problem. I bought some ant poison, but friendly other ant eating insects have also made my home theirs helping me rid my place of ants, so I decided to stop using poisons so the nice other ant eating insects won't be hurt. I like this idea for only the ants and hopefully, cockroaches eat it and die. Living in the tropics both are a problem! I use 1 part white vinegar and one part water to splash many places to keep both ants and roaches away! Thanks for the very needed and useful tip to rid homes of ants!

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We have always used Baygon to get rid of ants ever since. We have the regular and odorless variants of Baygon at home. Borax seems like a good solution, although I don't where I should buy it.

12. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I heard of borax against ants. What's amusing is that sweetened borax will be eaten by ants. We used to buy the ant chalk which discourages ants but the chalk had to be everywhere. Maybe I can try this borax because it often rains now and rains make ants seek the safety of our house.

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    notix-p-anti-tick-and-flea-powder-4294-500x515.

We get this safe and easy to use Notix. It can be used anywhere and everywhere. We also create a moat for keeping sweet dishes so that ants do not attack them. The moat prevents the ants from getting to those items.

14. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting tip. I was not aware of this. I have to look around if I can find it in the stores near me. It seems like simple yet effective technique. Not sure if this would be allowed in my apartment. But based on what I am seeing these days. Things can get a bit hard to get rid of ants, lizards and cockroaches.

15. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    This is amazing as I have all these ants around. It's almost like they have a season. What better way to kill an empire than target their queen. I will most definitely try this genius idea.

16. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    A couple of months ago, when the rainy season was at the height, ants were a major problems in the house. Ants crawled into everything from the cooked food to uncooked book. Sweet things were their favorites and it was very common to see them gather in the sugar can. Ants loved the humid environment and the rainy season created humidity in the house. Someone suggested that we use white vvinegarspray to get rid of ant. This actually woeked.

17. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I just sprinkle turmeric powder at places where there are ants and within minutes they all disappear! As turmeric is easy to obtain in my country and I buy it in large quantities, it is actually economically for me to use to keep the insects away.

18. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    The Queen is the source of all the problem. She is the one who lays eggs and keep the colony alive. Borax is one of the best ways to kill the queen because her soldiers will feed her with sweet borax. The queen's death is the death of the whole population. It is the method that works for me best.

19. Yallerts

YallertsNew Member

Threads:
    Ordinary wooden houses attract ants easily, as well as furniture or cabinets ,you can spray some anti - ants and paint the wooden furniture

20. PriscillaKing

PriscillaKingNew Member

Threads:
    Sprays build up in the environment and harm humans while the ants evolve tolerance to them. Borax is sharp crystals--not sharp enough to kill humans or house pets (although they sting on contact and make us sick if swallowed, and birds sometimes eat enough to harm themselves). Ants and roaches don't evolve a tolerance to borax. They don't even have to eat it if there's some other way to get them to run through it! I did a demonstration a few years ago...one major cleaning and dusting with borax in carpets, along baseboards, in cupboards, and around water pipes, followed by routine cleaning and occasional reapplications of borax, will permanently banish Blattella germanica from a trailer in a trailer park.