How Long Can You Wait?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by gracer • Feb 14, 2016.

1. barginrocks

barginrocksMember

Threads:
    I nearly shopping every week on Taobao or JD and I can't wait my items more than 3 days, so I usually choose JD which can deliver my items in 1 day and 100% quality products. However, Taobao has more products, if I am not hurry I will buy small things like socks, underwares from Taobao, it is free charge of shipping fee even the items costs 9.9 RMB ($1.5), don't take it the wrong way, you need to pay the China international shipping fee if you want to shopping from China.

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    One should attune themselves psychologically in the waiting game to buy only those things that they need and which are not available in their country. I would have the patience to wait for up to 1 month which is mostly the case with a good number of stores including Amazon and Ebay. So its good to order an item in advance of the date of use so as to avoid inconveniences. If the item is worth it, waiting doesn't hurt instead of waiting for a short time and then getting substandard items.

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    We ordered an item earlier this year, it came from overseas. It was expected to take 21 days, so I tracked it a couple of times in the beginning and set it aside. 21 days came and went. I called the post office and they said it was in New York city. I thought ok, it should be here soon. 2 more weeks came and went, still no package. I emailed the company and they sent out another one, Just about that time, the first one arrived. It had been stuck in New York. It was ok that two eventually arrived, because we could use two of them. It took over 40 days to get that first package.

4. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on a subject I'm ordering. But I'm not very patient overall.

If that's food = I'd say I'm gonna wait an hour at maximum. If that's not anything edible = I'm gonna wait a week at max. Some orders are pretty distant and it takes about 2 weeks. That's kind of an exception for me.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I've been very lucky with my online order deliveries. When I lived in England, I regularly ordered beauty products from an online store based in Canada. At first they'd take a week to a week and a half to get to me. But that online store just continued to blow me away because in the end it was taking mere days; I could order something on a Sunday and have it by say Wednesday-Thursday. I loved it, such a shame I can't use it from here.

Ever since I moved to Botswana, I've continued to use my trusty online store, UK fashion giant, Asos and they also continue to amaze me. It usually takes a week to two weeks for stuff to arrive from England to Botswana. I hate waiting, so I'm not sure I'd be happy to wait a whole month or longer for my order to arrive.