How Many Eat Only Two Meals A Day?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by NinetyEighty1 • Aug 14, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, if I am lucky I am able to eat only three times a day. My stomach is quite strange in a way, I could it a light or regular meal and either be full off off of it for a while to the point to where I won't be hungry again until nightfall. Which by then it is already too late to go out for lunch.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Jamille@Jamille For me rice is one of the lightest of meals as we generally depend on wheat which is our main food for 7 days a week. We eat rice as a side dish but can very well do without it. I am not a big eater or foodie but eat at least 4 times a day or even 5 sometimes but my main food is breakfast, dinner and lunch in that order. I take light snacks once or twice and still have a normal weight for my height.

3. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    I do, and have ever since I was a kid, when I'd skip breakfast before school. While I'd previously dispensed with breakfast out of time constraints (At the time, I'd rather have had an extra ten minutes of sleep than breakfast), nowadays I only eat two meals a day due to financial constraints.

Not ideal, but I'm used to it.

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I personally find it hard to survive on just two meals a day, but I have done that when I was very young. Now, I cannot start my day without having a proper breakfast, a proper lunch and a good dinner with some light snacks or a fruit or two in between these meals. For good health and for the sake of providing proper nutrition to our body. it is essential to eat properly spaced out meals throughout the day and not just one or two meals and starving the body for the rest of the day.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Oh! A rice meal is always a heavy one for me because we never eat rice alone. We usually serve it with a main dish, soup, and dessert (usually banana or other fruit). :D Rice tastes too bland to be eaten alone. A meal is not called a major meal for us if there's no rice in it. Some people may call hamburger, drinks, and fries a main meal but it is normally just a snack for us. If we eat a particularly heavy meal, we'd usually just have light snacks. When we eat light meals, then we'd have heavy snacks. I'm a big eater, but I also exercise a lot so I don't really gain weight.

6. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    I usually eat 2 meals per day as well. I eat something small to get going in the morning. Then, I either eat a large lunch due to working evening hours, or a large dinner if working mid-day shift. I'm not too much of a snacker either. I really do need to eat a more balanced diet at regular intervals.....I might feel better!

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This would be tough for me, as I am not really the big meal type person. I like to eat smaller meals throughout the day or just space out good sized snacks, but I would have to plan ahead if this was the case.

8. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    I used to take two meals a day when I was still in school. That included breakfast and dinner. I lost weight during that period. Now that I am through with school, I take up to four meals a day. I am trying to gain some weight and I have gained 10 kilograms in the last two months.

Taking two meals a day is not healthy. However due to circumstances we lack time to have complete meals which is unhealthy. If you want to lose weight then you can have one or two meals a day. If you want to gain weight like me, eat at least 4 times a day. But don't eat too much.

9. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    I used to do this when I was looking for employment. Those times were tough and I would skip lunch by having a heavy breakfast. I do eat thrice a day now but the apportionment depends on my appetite.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I know rice cannot be eaten as it is but you have to eat it with something but do you know that there are one hundred and one ways you can eat rice without another dish. Try Biryani, Pulao etc (Google these names). But what I meant was that we generally eat wheat made stuffs like parantha or Chapati (Try them on Google) as our main food with curry and other things like curd, yogurt etc. I am a Punjabi and if I eat rice with curry etc only, I feel hungry even after eating it. So, rice is only a side dish for me that I eat once in a week or so as a side dish.

11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I guess that meals are the only thing I can not save money. I like to eat three meals a day, and I eat what I like and it is necessary for me to stay healthy. I can save money from other domains of my life as traveling, shopping, buying a perfume (I do not buy an expensive one and I buy a cheaper one), I'm not using the personal car and use more public transport, etc. But I can not save money to not eating

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    You got me googling. Biryani looks yummy and healthy, too. We have arroz valenciana, which is actually a Spanish rice dish, but no matter how delicious and complete it may seem, we'll always look for a main dish, soup, and even a side dish.. Parantha and chapati looks like out pita bread. They're quite expensive here as we're only importing wheat. Well, thanks for these ideas, I may try them as I'm quite adventurous when it comes to meals, specially the Biryani which has vegetables and spices.

I don't really believe that eating two main meals a day can help you save money because compensating with snacks can cost just as much, if not more. Our trick is to budget the food expenses for at least a week and to stick to that budget.

13. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I always eat 2 meals a day. I am not a morning person so I never eat breakfast, I drink either coffee or tea in the morning, depending on the mood. My first meal of the day would be around 11 am and usually it is heavy because of my work schedule. The next would be around 9 pm. light meal are the usual meal that I eat during dinner\like oatmeal or salad. I prefer healthy foods so most of my meal are of vegetables and my snacks are fruits.

14. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually eat 3 meals per day plus a snack or two. Sometimes, I don't eat 3 meals but if I don't do that, I am eating high calorie snacks in place of a meal so it usually works out better for me to eat 3 meals. I get hungry about every 4 hours so it is best to have a meal during that time period if you ask me.

15. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    There is an old adage that says, eat food as your medicine, or else, you will eat medicine as your food. As a result, I have developed the habit of having at least 3 meals a day. However, to avoid in overspending, I have disciplined myself to avoid expensive restaurants, unless I am treating myself or a friend.

Another way I avoid overspending while still practising my ritual, is, I like carrying home made food during my endeavours. Well, most of them but not all. Home made food is much cheaper to prepare and also healthier to consume. Having 3 meals a day is very vital and I don't think it should be avoided in the name of saving.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    He he.. Even I am confuse here. Whether we should count those snacks or not. Otherwise even I eat two meals in a day always. I guess that's how it goes everywhere here. All people are used to of having two meals in a day here. Personally I don't take breakfast as I am not used to of it since starting. But I do take small snacks during day when I feel hungry.

17. Paige J

Paige JNew Member

Threads:
    I typically eat two full meals per day also, with a protein shake as my breakfast. I always feel like I'm not very hungry in the mornings and find it hard to eat an entire meal. The shake keeps me going until lunch time, when I typically eat my first meal of the day. Generally I do a lot more snacking than actual meal eating.

18. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I eat three meals a day and depending on how busy i am sometimes i skip lunch but i make sure to have a healthy and fulfilling breakfast.

19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Paige J@Paige J I know more than half of us especially the ones in a hurry to go to work do not eat a proper breakfast but go for anything they could eat easily but as per the health experts breakfast should be your heaviest and healthiest meal even if you have to skip or take simple lunch. The reason behind this is that your last meal before breakfast is almost 10-12 hours before so your system including brain needs a proper support.

20. Successlots

SuccesslotsNew Member

Threads:
    Due to the nature of my job, I do not always have the privilege of eating three times daily. It is not my wish anyway, it's just the nature of my job. I resumed work everyday by 7am and by 10 in the morning I munch on some snacks with a cup of coffee or beverage. I only get to eat full food as lunch and dinner.
    I know skipping meals is not healthy for me but there is little I can do about it for now. Just maybe when I go fully into my own business, I will enjoy the privilege of eating three time daily.