How Many Eat Only Two Meals A Day?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by NinetyEighty1 • Aug 14, 2017.

1. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    well it depends to be honest sometimes i eat only 3 times a day sometimes 2 plus treats or something the thing that worries me is it's not enough especialy for me i stay late night time

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Successlots@Successlots I think you're doing absolutely fine if you eat your proper breakfast at 10 and then have proper lunch and dinner. I suggest you have something while commuting to work so that your system gets a pre-support before you have your breakfast at 10. You can still enjoy eating 3 times with your present schedule if you plan your breakfast carefully.

3. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    I only eat twice a day. Lunch and dinner. It's not because I want to but I usually sleep at around 4 AM then I wake up at around 11:30 AM. It's already lunch time. :p I actually like it because this way I get to eat less since I have a big appetite. It's like going on a diet. But I know this lifestyle is not very healthy. I heard that breakfast is actually the most important meal of the day.:D

4. Tamaine Gibson

Tamaine GibsonNew Member

Threads:
    I eat 2 meals a day. I eat breakfast daily and skip lunch every day. Dinner is a must have. I can't skip that. Over the years I've realized how important breakfast and dinner is. If I miss breakfast which is rare,by 11am it starts to take a toll on me, which in turn forces me to eat lunch. Dinner on the other I've tried but it's hard to fall asleep on an empty stomach.

5. ikechukwusamson

ikechukwusamsonNew Member

Threads:
    As for me, I prefer eating three times or even more than a day , because all the meals we eat have their work to perform In our body system for a healthy living.

When it comes to eating two meals a day, I often do that, but in a physical base. Is either am on fasting or that I want to loose weight , apart from this I prefer eating my normal three square meals a day. Max-Lowery-Tom-Joy-0R1A8793_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U.

6. Paige J

Paige JNew Member

Threads:
    I've actually heard conflicting opinions on this subject. I think culture plays a large role. In Spain, people generally eat their biggest meal at lunch time and have a light breakfast and dinner. In America, you always hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well if you think about it, most Americans wake up before the sun even rises. It is not necessarily natural for your body to be consuming food at such early hours of the day, and can actually make you sick if you over stuff yourself. This is generally why people don't feel hungry in the mornings. It is important to listen to your body and its needs, and if it's telling you it's not hungry in the morning, you should never be overeating.

One article by the NY Times cites a study showing that in the early stages of development, it is important to eat a larger breakfast to nourish the brain, but the same rules do not apply to adults:

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I skip dinner but have heavy snacks earlier in the evening. A mug of hot milk with honey is what I take in the night. I have been on this diet for several years and am fine with it. It is advised that it is not good to go to sleep on a full stomach

8. Claire

ClaireNew Member

Threads:
    I only eat two meals because I usually skip breakfast. I'm not trying to lose weight or anything, but I often feel sick to my stomach in the mornings and am not in the mood for any food. Once in awhile I will feel very hungry and then have something to eat for breakfast. I also sometimes have a donut late morning during my first break at work sometimes since they're free for employees.

9. Punkin

PunkinMember

Threads:
    I only eat two main meals a day; breakfast and dinner. I snack a lot between meals though. May is filled with apples, whole grain muffins, oatmeal bars, and carrots or pepper sticks. While I do eat more frequently than the next person, I find it's easier to manage my weight this way and I seem to be saving a marginal amount of money in the process!

10. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I think it does the body good if you just eat some fruits and vegetables in the morning even if you don't fill yourself because in the morning, your stomach might be a bit weak like mine and for lunch, something big maybe so that you could go a few more hours without eating food and maybe only some snacks and of course, with a big dinner, you don't need to eat again unless you sleep extremely late at night.

That's how I got my body used to this routine. It actually works pretty good and saves me a bit of money because even if I eat a big breakfast, breakfast food usually passes through me quickly and still need to eat something big for lunch and dinner.

11. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I always eat thrice a day or more than that. Because I'm the type of person that is always hungry, I always buy food whenever I'm hungry. I'm not used to it when I don't eat thrice a day because I feel like I don't have any energy to do other things.

12. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    I tried this like 4x already to eat only twice a day. I think this will not work for me because I am a man and I easily get hungry all the time. If I only ate 2x a day then I will get hungry in the evening and I will be force to eat late night which is very stressful. I always stay awake until late night to 2am because of the work I am doing and I cannot sleep if I am hungry.

13. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Whoever likes to sleep on an empty stomach should please come and teach me the secret behind it because I find it absolutely impossible and uncomfortable to sleep when I'm with any slightest of hunger in my belly.

There was a time that I formed the habit of eating very late in the night especially when I'm working at night, say around 2:00 am working online. But with time, I discovered that I was adding weight as a result of the late eating and I had to end it.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, taking a light dinner is fine but sleeping on empty stomach is like inviting ill health situation. One should always eat dinner at least 2 hours before bedtime (although it's not possible at all times) and should never skip the breakfast which has a gap of almost 10-12 hours.

15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Eating breakfast is a must, I can never skip it for anything in the world unless of course I want to pass out at my work place :D. I definitely ensure to take my breakfast in the morning before hitting my daily work place as we hardly have time for lunch, it's the breakfast that would sustain me until evening time around 5:00 pm.

So therefore, once work is closed I would look for a snack to take and go straight home with dinner on my mind. So try and imagine my eating only breakfast and snack around 6:00 pm with no dinner at night? That is me planning on getting ulcer for myself:(.

16. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Skipping meals is a serious health problem, even if you want to save money. Diabetic patients, for instance, need not to skip any meal since this make the disease to worsen. I do sometimes also skip meals, but this only happens when I am very busy and can not find time to feed.

17. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't have a choice with skipping lunch, it's the nature of my days job and what it comes with, so I have adjusted my body system to adapt to it. But this shouldn't be the case of someone who already has a health issue like you just mentioned diabetes and also people with ulcer problems, these people mustn't skip any meal for any reason because it does them more harm than good with respect to their health status.

18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Anybody would say that skipping a meal especially breakfast is not good. The meal that we eat is consumed by our body and it needs to be replenished for our body to work or function normally.

19. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    Although it would be catastrophic healthwise, I normally find myself having two meals per day. This helps me to save a lot as the current economic times do not allow for exorbitance. What I normally do is wake up a bit late then make sure I have my lunch combined as 'Lunch and Breakfast'. I then wait for supper. So far, it has worked out and I find myself saving in a great way.

20. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    Eating two meals a day is probably the worst thing you can do to your body. When you eat two meals a day you cause your body to go into starvation mode and store fat. You're better off to eat 3 small meals a day and it will work with your metabolism and you will lose weight.