How many people drink or use Wheat Grass?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by makemoney22 • Nov 2, 2013.

1. makemoney22

makemoney22New Member

Threads:
    So, now I can find out some online demographics, of how many of you either, one, juice Wheat Grass and consume it in a shot or a shake. Or two, how many of you use it in another form, such as, capsule, Wheat Grass powder or eat it freshly cut? I own a Wheat Grass and Micro Green's company to whom I produce for Wholefoods, the local Farmer's market, and on etsy.com.

I have found that online sale's is really what people want because, it is fast, quick and easy. The most important thing, is you can order it right from the comfort of your own home, or on the go which, seems to be the trend now day's.

So, my last question is pretty obvious, for those who like to buy Wheat Grass in any kind of form, would you rather purchase it in the store or online? Please, I would love to hear your folks feedback on this topic, thank-you everyone.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What a coincidence, I was going to start looking into this actually. I've read about it's benefits for a long time, but haven't researched it yet and I won't buy it without doing that. I don't jump on bandwagons for the sake of it, I need real studies (aka; no blogs about it lol. Do you know of any?). That said, it would totally depend how and where it is grown. I won't stamp something healthy because it's a plant.. I see how they grow our grocery store produce every day; it's far from healthy. So once I know the conditions it's grown in, I will decide then how to go about buying it and from where. The closer the better obviously and I'd like to at least see it and the business in person the first time.

But i'm a picky girl lol..

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never had it I don't think I have even ever heard of it. Is it good for you? What are the benefits of eating or drinking weat grass?

4. makemoney22

makemoney22New Member

Threads:
    I am glad I posted this topic, seeing the interest of a few people already. Well, to start off Wheat "Berry" Grass is basically the same species of Wheat as you see in the field's during winter except, with Wheat Grass you grow it from seed to maturity in about 6-8 day's, depending on multiple factor's:
    1. The person who is growing it.
    2. The environment (indoors) traditionally.
    3. And, how it is grown.
    With that being said, Wheat Grass is known to be one of, if not, the healthiest herb/green for you on earth! Containing over 100 vitamins, minerals and amino acids that are vital to the bodies everyday health also with 100% Vitamin K & 20% protein in it.
    Wheat Grass aids in multiple aspects of the body such as, sleeping, weight loss, aging, inflammation, the treatment of cancer, your skin, body odor, and, one of the biggest one's, energy. Which is the reason people will juice it in the mornings or before a workout into a "Wheat Grass shot" or a "Green Smoothie." With delivering incredible amounts of energy to the body, and cleansing your system of bad pathogens and serving as an overall detox for the human body.
    A lot of people who have tried it at Jamba Juice or another Juice Bar usually have a bad experience with it. This is due to the fact that the majority of Wheat Grass growers, grow it synthetically with hydroponics, where as, my product is grown 100% organically certified and with complete caution of growing organics, giving off a sweet taste. I supply Wholefoods with my Wheat Grass to their produce, in clam shell packaging and, their juice-bar, which more and more Wholefoods are putting in by the day now! So give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Wheat grass has become a fad in nutritional circles and from what I
    have seen is a bit expensive when bought over the shelf. Its better to
    grow your own and then blend them with water to drink. But I have some
    doubts since I saw a scientific article that seemed to suggest that
    wheat grass is over hyped and confess only marginal benefits.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I have a garden and I have heard of wheatgrass, and it sounds like a easy thing to grow as well. They say wheatgrass juice is a great healer and contains all minerals and its really rich in protein as well. I might have to jump on the wheatgrass bandwagon and try to find the "fountain of youth" by drinking this juice. I need to read up on this and try some wheatgrass juice out though, because its made up of 70% chlorophyll- and its great I heard, for your kidneys and blood as well.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I recognize the value of wheat grass as a cheap alternative for detox.
    The challenge comes when one decides not to be buying it off the shelf
    but producing it at home which is much cheaper. This requires an
    investment in a blender but if I can find another method to process
    it, the better. Any input with regard to this?