How much do you pay per month for your phone?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by fishbowl • Sep 23, 2013.

1. fishbowl

fishbowlNew Member

Threads:
    And, a follow up question, what features do you get for paying that much?

I pay $28 (Canadian dollars) for my phone. I get unlimited talking, unlimited texting, and caller ID. I think it's a good deal, as much as I would like to have a smartphone I don't have the means to afford twice what I already pay.

2. Izagar

IzagarNew Member

Threads:
    Our home phone is a bundle with our cable and internet, but we pretty much get it for free.

My cellphone is through Straight Talk at Walmart. So I pay $45 a month for unlimited texting and calling.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I pay £6.99 a month and for that I get 120 hours of free talk (I rarely talk on the phone), unlimited texts, and 500mb of internet. It is a sim contract only deal, but it runs out in December and I'm hoping they will upgrade me to a proper contract with a phone. :)

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    At present I am not subscribed to a fixed subscription, but I use the prepaid system. Thus, each month I buy a different package (messages, internet, call minutes) according to my needs and budget. In my country, Argentina, the payment of such services isn't very cheap, but compared to previous years, there are more choices and different companies. At home, on the other hand, I subscribe to a company that gives me unlimited calls and internet for the same need. The monthly fee isn't economical, but unlike the cell phone service, we don't have many alternatives.

- Cell phone: 60 pesos per month (10 dollars)
    - Fixed Phone: 200 pesos per month (32 dollars)

5. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I have a package for TV+Internet+Fixed Phone+Cell Phone, so I pay 0 for my fixed phone if I call only fixed numbers and I pay 10€ for my mobile with 180 minutes to call to all networks at 0,08€/cents per minute. I think it's the best available deal on the Portuguese market, I have made detailed investigation on what every company had to offer and this was my choice.

6. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have a landline at the moment. I use a cellphone on a prepaid payment program instead of a postpaid one. This means that I'm not billed at the end of the month, but I buy a prepaid card which would top up my phone with a certain amount of minutes to use for the month or a couple of weeks. On average I spend about $10-$20 per month on prepaid minutes to use on my cellphone.

7. polybus

polybusNew Member

Threads:
    I pay $30 (CAN) for my phone. For that I get unlimited texting, 200 minutes of talk and 200 MB of data. My wife has the same plan and we do not have a home phone anymore.

This is smartphone and this is without a contract. So you do not have to pay double what you are already paying for a smartphone.

8. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    $ 9.4. Basically it’s a subscription for my phone where am awarded 1800 minutes to call people who use the same network as I do, 300 minutes to people with other networks, unlimited SMS and 1500MBs. I have always found this subscription helpful since I like downloading much stuff via my phone hence with this I find it helpful.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a landline. I have a prepaid Virgin Mobile service. It's 300 minutes per month, unlimited text and data. The data isn't really isn't unlimited. It's a marketing gimmick. I pay $35 per month. I got a Virgin Mobile smartphone on sale earlier this year.

10. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I pay £30 a month for unlimited calls, texts and internet.

11. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I have subscribed to a Verizon plan and it costs me $50 for a month of some free calls, unlimited text messages and no data.

12. sillver

sillverNew Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone!
    A friend of mine recently turned me on to a new way to use my cell phone with very little expense!
    She told me about Google Talk. Now I use that and its included in the price I pay for my internet service.
    Before you dismiss this idea though, hear me out.
    Google Voice gives one the ability to make calls from their computer (free for America and Canada) and from their cell phones. All it takes is a little setting up and a phone number from Google Voice and even if you use a company like Sprint, you have your calls routed through your Google number.
    I have mine set up as strictly Google Voice though and an android phone and so far I really like it!

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a great deal! Wish I could get a deal like that lol. Mine is about 150 for two phones with 1500 mins and unlimited text messages.

14. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I have an iPhone that runs off Verizon towers, but recently switched to a non-contract plan (Page Plus Wireless).

I get 1200 minutes, 3000 texts, and 250mb of data for $29 a month.

15. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    Am not subscribed to any premium or program. I just make my calls from the regular credit I deposit to my network line. And to be frank when estimating my total expenditures it always end up becoming $100 each month. I know many would say its too much but definitely I have no otherwise since I aren't familiar with any cell phone subscription that may seem cheaper.

16. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I use a Straightalk phone from Wal-Mart and pay $45.00 for unlimited everything. My husband also has Straightalk, but he just buys the $30.00 prepaid card because he doesn't use his phone as much as I do. This gives him 1000 minutes of talk, 1000 texts, and I'm not sure about what data that one has.:confused:

17. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I usually pay between $180 to $200 per month for my cell phone bill, which is quite expensive because there are only two smartphones in my family line. The data costs around $75 for two smartphones, which is reasonable considering most people pay about $100 for two smartphones.

18. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I pay $45 (USD) per month for my phone. I have the Straight Talk phone. I get everything. I get unlimited talk, text, and web. I think I should have a smart phone only because it is the same price either way.

19. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Does yours include unlimited mobile phone data usage as well?

20. AskJeeves

AskJeevesMember

Threads:
    I pay $CAD 45.20 after taxes (so 40 and tax) for unlimited talk, text, and data. I rarely lose me signal and get all the features I need. I was given an offer to get additional texting around the world for 25 more dollars (one time payment), but I figured that I would never really text anyone outside of North America, so there isn't a point of wasting $25.