How much do you pay per month for your phone?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by fishbowl • Sep 23, 2013.

1. charliehill

charliehillNew Member

Threads:
    Almost $60 per month ,I use it too much on business trip for office mail

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with WIND and I pay $22.60 CAD a month ($20 without tax). With this plan I get unlimited talk and text throughout Canada, unlimited incoming calls from anywhere in the world, Caller ID, call conference and call waiting. The reception is pretty good because I'm in Toronto and I don't really go anywhere else, actually they have coverage in all the main places that I go to so everything is perfect with this company. I'm on a 2 year promise pay-off tab plan, I don't mind it. I didn't take data though, because there's wifi almost everywhere I go now.

3. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    Currently I'm on a £10 a month contract with O2, but for reasons we won't go into, I am constantly going over that amount, even up to a £10. I keep thinking 'Next month will be different', but it never is. Finally got my act together this month however and switched providers and contracts...only for them to never send me the phone and sim. So now I have no phone. Thinking I'll go back to O2 and say I've been offered a great deal by their competitors and see what they offer me to stay.

4. DjoBoy

DjoBoyNew Member

Threads:
    I pay $15 every month, because I also use the 3G for the internet. My operator is Vodafone, and I never had problems. But a lot of people say that Vodafone is a thief. By the way, I'm planning to go on Wind, because their internet is cheap.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pay about $40 AUD every month for my smartphone and that includes internet. I don't make many phone calls or text excessively. I know that there are special deals but I don't need them. All that I am interested in is my prepaid mobile internet. I still prefer using public phones to my smart phone if I have to talk to someone or call overseas. Of course I also use Skype and various messenger services. I find prepaid mobile phone bills in Australia to be exorbitant.

6. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a bundle of services for me too, but I think I have the best deal on the market. I have a free land-line with unlimited calls and I have two cell phones with unlimited calls and this fraction of the bundle costs me around 20€ per month, there's no better price in the market.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For the past three years I've been on my family's plan, and it's been costing me around $80 per month for unlimited talk/text then we all collectively share 4 gigs of data. However, I joined this plan like three years ago, and paid around $200 up front for my phone. Technically speaking, if they were subsidizing the remainder of the cost of my phone with my monthly charges, I "paid off" the cost of that phone a long time ago - but my rates never went down. So I was getting ripped off each month going forward, not to mention they would have charged me *another* $200 up front to get a new phone.

T-Mobile's plans start at $40 per month for unlimited talk/text and 500mb of data. The plan I am on now is $50 per month, unlimited everything including data. No overage charges like Verizon. Oh, and no contract.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you asking about a cellphone or a landline? The landline costs around $20 to $21 per month when we had one, that is exclusive of long distance calls. Now when it comes to my mobile phone, I only spend around $10 per month because I don't call, I just text.

9. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I pay $35 a month for unlimited talk, text, and data.

10. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I was pretty disappointed when I checked out my current phone and Internet bill online. After just recently signing up with CenturyLink for Internet and a landline phone that I was told was going to be $19.95 a month for 3 years; imagine my surprise when I looked at my 1st bill that totaled $148.00!!! I was checking out their offers online and when it wouldn't let me sign up for what I was looking at online I called and asked them about the phone and Internet deal for $19.95 a month.

On their Website it was showing that I could add a landline for the same price so I did and even confirmed it with 2 separate customer services reps; 1 when I place the order and a 2nd rep when I called back with a couple of questions that I had, but when I called about my bill today I was told that wasn't what the price was supposed to be and that the information on their Website was incorrect. So as it stands now I'm waiting to hear back from CenturyLink after someone listens to the calls verifying my initial order that was placed.

I'm hoping that they offer me a pretty good deal now because in my opinion it's just not right to advertise something that in actuality isn't even close to the price that I was expecting to pay! Just wondering what all of you think also? Thanks everyone... :confused:

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wow, I'm surprised by some of the low prices you guys have.

Mine varies around $90 a month. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. I use it a lot for work, though, so it's part of my business expenses. I need to have constant access unfortunately.

12. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I pay 15€ ($20) for unlimited texts, unlimited calls to users that have the same carrier, 201 minutes to other carriers and 201 MB of mobile data. I get 4GB of online storage and uploading and downloading files on the Cloud doesn't count towards the monthly mobile data cap, which is pretty nice. Since I also bought a new phone, I have to pay 1€ more per month. So the grand total is 16€ or about $21. Not bad, but I could use more mobile data. Oh, and it's a 24 month contract.

13. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pay $140 per month on smartphone service, but I get a 22% discount. I use up a ton of 4G data, and I need those fast data speeds, so I'm willing to spend a little bit more on this expense. I could get the price down to about $80 if I didn't have so much data add-ons, but that's okay with me. I have to say that I like the service I use, despite the cost.

14. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I pay $40.00 a month. I switched to MetroPCS from AT&T. I was paying $98.00 a month with AT&T, so I cut that bill down by more than half. I'm happy with the service from MetroPCS so far. I am very glad I switched. Now, I can apply the money I am saving to paying off a credit card.

15. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I pay around 10€ a month. That gives me unlimited calls to people on the same network.
    I dont' really use the phone to access the Internet yet...
    I never lose my signal here in Portugal. I think it's because it's a small country, so it's easy to cover the whole thing...

16. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I am with Straight Talk and I pay $45 a month for unlimited talk, text, and unlimited data. Well it is really only 3GB of high speed data and once you go over that then for the rest of the month you are on 2G which is pretty slow. I am using an iPhone 5 with the company so my 3GB of data is usually gone within a week or two. I really would not suggest getting a smartphone with Straight Talk.

17. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    I pay 18 a month with Ting. (US) I have limited minutes but unlimited everything else. I can't believe it's so cheap. I was with US Cellular and paying 60 a month and it wasn't half as good.

18. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    I don't have a cellphone. My landline is bundled with my internet service and it's $65/mo. plus extra for any long distance calls, which I rarely use. I communicate with long distance friends/family mostly by email anyway. I use Windstream. I've had some problems with their hardware but I live in a rural area and don't have a lot of choice. Their modems don't last long and I have to buy them when they break. I use surge protectors, but I think it's power surges that kill them. Anyway, Windstream has been super nice to us, as long term customers and they even discounted a whole month because we were having some financial difficulties and I called to try to make a payment plan so we would not lose service. So, if you want good customer service, they're cool. But, it's not super cheap, as you can see.

19. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently upgraded to a smartphone with unlimited talk and text, I use my phone for work and to be able to get online using a hotspot often when I am not near one for $60 a month I think that is high but for what I needed it is the best I can do.

20. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I think you are doing well, Eternal Poster. I am ashamed to admit this, but I recently got my cell phone bill (which is bundled with a jetpack portable hotspot for my computer) lowered from $170 for unlimited talk, text and 10 gigs data shared between the two devices to $120 per month. I now only have two shared gigs of data per month. I was feeling pretty happy about that until I saw how well the rest of you are doing. I can't wait until my Verizon contract is over. I think I will switch to prepay. I use the internet at home for the majority of my smartphone data needs, and I don't want to upgrade my iPhone 5 until it breaks.