How much do you spend on deodorant?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Hedonologist • Apr 26, 2014.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I buy sticks of deodorant for about £5, but they last up to 6 months, so all in all I'm only spending about £10 per year on deodorant. How much do you spedn per month/year on deodorant?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Since I've become a couponer (which I think is easier in the US) I've not paid over $1 for a stick of deodorant in the last two or three years. I very often get it for free. There are a few brands I refuse to use, which are notoriously free with coupons (like Secret and Dove, which do absolutely nothing). But even using good brands like Right Guard and Old Spice, I still manage to find them for $1 or less regularly enough that they last until the next sale.

My husband and I actually use the same deodorant. Even though I'm a woman, I've found that men's deodorant works better. We go through a stick about every 2-3 months I think.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I usually don't pay more than $2.50 for a single stick, too.

The kind I prefer is a little more expensive than the cheapest generic stuff, but I always buy it on sale and in packs of two because it's cheaper that way.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never done the math to see how much I spend, but I'll usually use regular Dove deodorants and they cost around $7 or $8 where I live. I would say one of them lasts me for about 2 months, so maybe I spend $4 a month with deodorant?

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Where do you live?

?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3XNZ_eu_MmRmKUoTrTxa5biTHppE6vxDS_O-AWcJI36CXuvWy0ri8XP7ExOpV8QZEDidrW78O&usqp=CAE.

Does is what I tend to buy, too. Some of their specialty ones are more expensive, but I still rarely see them for more than $3 a stick if they're on sale. You might want to look for sales or double packs more often.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use deodorant at all. For me soap and water does the trick. When it's really hot and I am out all day, I have a salt stick that acts similar as a deodorant by blocking off smells but not blocking the pores of the skin. I don't like synthetic deodorants, and get quite nauseated from cheap, stale, artificial odours lingering on people. I am sure they wouldn't like it either if they could smell themselves.

7. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Not much at all.

I usually buy the cheap brands that cost $1 a stick. Simply because i never saw a difference in them, and the more expensive in terms of performance. 3 sticks usually last me an entire month. That means on average i only spend $3 a month on deodorant. That is less than i would spend on 1 stick of Old Spice.

I choose to stay with generic brands.

8. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I use up to a maximum of $5 per month but the use of deodorant is not common for me. I only use it when it is necessary. It is great for a nice smell but I normally do not watch people sneezing on the smell of the deodorant. I use it once in a while so I can not be really sure on how much I spend per year, it can be more or less.

9. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I Think this might be what I use. It's a stick of alum salt, and that kills the odour producing bacteria. While it's not the same as other deodorants it does the job. I would actually say better actually because while deodorants often just mask the smell, this literally stops the odour from being produced in the first place.

10. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I never spend more than $2 per container of deodorant. I often wait until it's on sale for $1 or $1.50. I usually get Secret or Suave. :) While this is an important product, there is no need to over-spend.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend about $5 a month because I buy the Arm & Hammer brand that has baking soda in it , and costs $2.50, and my daughter and I go through 2 of them per month.
    There are more expensive brands out there, but we like the way Arm & Hammer smells and it does a good job.

12. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I use alum crystal as our deodorant. One rock the size of a child's hand only costs $0.50. It lasts us more than a year or until we accidentally break it. We just buy this alum crystal from our local market. We've been using this as our deodorant for years. It is so effective it keeps us deodorized the whole day.

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't spend that much on deodorant actually, and before anybody says anything it isn't because I don't use it and smell like a sewer! I take advantage of the offers that my local store has where they sell a line of deodorant for £1 a can, so not only do I get them cheap, but I also get to try different brands as they change the brands for £1 monthly.